The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Help a Guy out- What scent do wish you could find in soap/cream form?

How come everybody seems to have tried CBL's soaps except for me?
You're not alone
1f603.png

Well, what we would want as a new soap scent is totally different than one everyone would like.

We’ve got a list of stuff people don’t like. I’m wondering if anyone doesn’t like SV 70th, Fern scents or Russian Tea. Would need to narrow it down to a category that already agrees with everyone.

Never smelled SV 70th or Russian Tea. I’m all about some Fern, Fougere, Patchouli, Vetiver, and of course GTB!

Well, what we would want as a new soap scent is totally different than one everyone would like.

We’ve got a list of stuff people don’t like. I’m wondering if anyone doesn’t like SV 70th, Fern scents or Russian Tea. Would need to narrow it down to a category that already agrees with everyone.
you were able to describe the Russian Tea scent very accurately and in great detail...perhaps you could describe it again here for those who’ve yet to experience it

i made a version of it that smells good but is lacking (for now) the honey or lemon notes.

I have smelled SV 70th before buy I don't really remember much about it. I am definitely in for the Russian Tea. I know Russian Tea had some nice citrus, tea, and honey. But for some reason...I always thought it smelled like Christmas. I know...a very subjective way to describe something...but it smelled like the holidays at home with all the baking going on. I know...I'm weird.

Never smelled SV 70th or Russian Tea. I’m all about some Fern, Fougere, Patchouli, Vetiver, and of course GTB!
Russian Tea or a Fougere would be awesome!

i made a version of it that smells good but is lacking (for now) the honey or lemon notes.
Really? I just smelled your Russian Tea 2018 that I got from Chad, and I swear I smell both lemon and honey in it....

“You get the wet tea bag of a smooth Earl Grey, the bright lemon juice, and a warm side note of honey.”
It’s a nice muted rich black tea of a wet tea bag and not the sharper notes of dry tea.

I think the Russian Tea scent sounds amazing...or the Rose Oud, though that's a bit debatable since so many people can't use Rose.

Back