The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Hello from NY

Hopefully these answer any questions - Regular TOU:

And Vendor Info:
1575506503824.png

Welcome @Dragonsbeard. Why don’t you go ahead and tell us what kind of business it is you have, it seems most of the guys know at least a little bit about your business already there’s no reason to leave the rest of us in the dark. We allow the new guys to introduce themselves here in the Hello section and it seems like we wouldn’t know all we should if we left off what kind of business you had. The rest of the guys know to keep the conversation on topic so we don’t worry too much about your introduction turning into a big ol sales pitch.

Hey Frank.
Have read good things about your brand. Went to buy and it was sold out. :(
Welcome aboard from a fellow newbie here.
Ken

Yes welcome to the Cadre! Rochester NY I see? I travel there a few times a year for work. Nice area... Well I'm actually in Pittsford

Howdy! Looks like there will be some more enabling happing soon!

2 levels here Frank. Hobbyist and Vendors. Info in the TOU. Any questions, check with 1 of the 3 owners @Cvargo @CBLindsay or @BarberDave

Thanks Dave
I'll have to go through all the rules before commenting on my products I'd guess.

:)(y)

Hopefully these answer any questions - Regular TOU:

And Vendor Info:

Thanks my old friend... glad your on here to.

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you sir!
Welcome! I like your logo.

Thank you and I've had this avatar for a few years now. My shaving buddies wanted me to use it on my first shave product.

Welcome @Dragonsbeard. Why don’t you go ahead and tell us what kind of business it is you have, it seems most of the guys know at least a little bit about your business already there’s no reason to leave the rest of us in the dark. We allow the new guys to introduce themselves here in the Hello section and it seems like we wouldn’t know all we should if we left off what kind of business you had. The rest of the guys know to keep the conversation on topic so we don’t worry too much about your introduction turning into a big ol sales pitch.

I'll do a seperate post explaining a little about me and my business and I guess it's ok to post it up in this newbie section.

Hello Frank and welcome. I believe we met this past June at the Maggard meet up.

Yes we did. Good show and I'm planning on going again this year. Hope all is well with you!

Larry

Welcome to the Cadre.

Thank you sir!
Hey Frank.
Have read good things about your brand. Went to buy and it was sold out. :(
Welcome aboard from a fellow newbie here.
Ken

I know WCS sold out faster than I thought it would and we sent a second batch and it sold out as well. I have a few left in my warehouse and I'll be coming out with the beta version in January.

Frank! Glad to see you found your way over here. I hope you brought your RFB.

Oh I've got it and it's a very good shaver. Put a Tibam Ti handle on it and I love the balance and the added maneuverability I gained from the Ti handle.

Yes welcome to the Cadre! Rochester NY I see? I travel there a few times a year for work. Nice area... Well I'm actually in Pittsford

Well when in the area message me and if you like we can meet up and talk everything shaving.

Howdy! Looks like there will be some more enabling happing soon!

Lol who me? NEVER! 😉

If you don't mind lake effect snow.:eek:

Yeah tell me about it and to make matters worse I basically live on the waterfront so when we get hit we get tons of the white stuff.

Thank you! I think I know you from another site as I've seen your name.

Welcome to the Cadre!

Thank you sir!

Hi Chris and thank you for the welcome, so far I'm enjoying the site as Dave in KY told me I would and wish I found out about it sooner.

So a little bit about myself and my businesses. I've been in product development for over 27yrs. Mostly focused on hair and skin care products for companies in the personal care industry and I also have my own line of hair care products that are sold through salons, spas and on my website. Because traditional wet shaving has been a hobby of mine for about 13 years now I've made a lot of friends in the community throughout the years and one day a couple of friends and I were on the phone together and they said why don't you start your own shaving product business and to be honest at first I resisted the thought of taking on another business but my curiosity got the best of me and I decided to take the plunge. I came out with my first release of Shave soap and Skin Food aftershave splash which was a collaboration between Oleo soapworks and myself and how that happened is a long story but for me it was a good way to get started as I wanted to try out some ingredients I thought might benefit users skin in an already established base. About 2 years ago I developed a complex called the EOS Complex. It is made up of 36 different skin food ingredients and I'll be adding it to every product as I move forward with more products. BTW the name of my line is ETHOS Grooming Essentials. I plan on doing more than just shave soaps and aftershaves moving forward. Developing products has been a passion of mine for a long time as well as developing fragrances/scents. Recently I'm doing consulting for a large local CBD company developing their personal care CBD products as well as assisting them with the setup of their brand new manufacturing facility right here in Rochester, NY as they will be making everything in house. I've worked with a lot of manufactures, cosmetic bench and operational chemist, analytical testing facilities as well as a whole bunch of ingredient, fragrance and packaging companies etc. I have a lot of ideas and hopefully I can contribute to the wet shaving community with the products I bring to them. I'll have some new releases coming in a few weeks and the only thing that's holding me up is I'm trying to get my website up and finished and also I've been doing a major revamp of my warehouse so I can produce many of the products there for the ETHOS brand. I've met a few soap makers at both the Maggard and the NYC meet up and it seems like a tight knit group and there's a lot of good people in this hobby is the conclusion I've come to so I'm looking forward to this new journey.

Hope that explains things about my livelihood.

Thank you!

Frank

Great read Frank! Great to learn more about you and your passion. You’ve got a ton of experience under your belt! Can’t see how that wouldn’t benefit anyone that enjoys (or maybe even doesn’t enjoy) taking care of themselves!

Back