The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Graydog

So Here I am - Graydog (Steve Rusnak)
I have a hobby of making Brush Handles out of wood
all types of wood Exotic and domestic , heck I have even used old baseball bats and table legs
if its wood I have tried too turn it into something :)
I like to experiment with Handle shapes and I like to find really cool looking Grain and let the grain decide what shape works best .
I do this to relax and it gives me a chance too create something that can be used .
I only make wood handles because , just Because .
I became part of the Hobbyist forum so that I can show off what I make (I like to take Photos Too )
I Do Not Sell anything , that's right I do not sell my handles at all.
Like I said I do it for Fun and it relaxes Me . I do give them away and really enjoy doing that. I like to bring Smiles too Peoples faces
Some of You Guy's already have a few of My Brushes (I think about 30 or so )
If You want Me to do something special for You , I can be contacted at Graydog@gmail.comDSC_6159.JPG
Like I said , I like too take Pictures Too :)

That’s a lot of maple!

Thank you for joining us and for your generosity! I can’t wait to see more of your creations. I saw a spalted handle you did that was amazing.

Great to see you here as a hobbyist Steve. By the looks of things when I get down sunday to cut up that wood, I can skip the maple haha. I've got some Santos mahogany, mahogany, black walnut, and if you want it I do have some nice maple that's pretty clear with a lot of speckling.

Wait...I thought your name was Bruce! 😜

You are truly an artist sir. Your brushes are stunning and you take some amazing photos! I am really looking forward to the content in this thread and the projects you come up with in the future!

Graydog/Steve has been known to produce a few good things here and there...
1590800531531.png
The Viper on the right is now just over 3 years old and performs as admirably as day-1. The middle four(4) were part of a "spreading the love" PIF designed to give a quad of Canadians some of his work. Along with the Viper, I have the Smoggy-Doggy (on the left)which now sports an Omega silvertip.

Last edited:
Great to see you here as a hobbyist Steve. By the looks of things when I get down sunday to cut up that wood, I can skip the maple haha. I've got some Santos mahogany, mahogany, black walnut, and if you want it I do have some nice maple that's pretty clear with a lot of speckling.
Thanks Shawn , I appreciate the wood
Let's see if we can use it for some brushes for the guys here on TSC 👍

Back