The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Owner Announcement Four Years!

The Shaving Cadre Owners

TSC Staff
Staff member
Owner
We know, we know! The logo still has a three in it. @BarberDave is working on it, but it's kind of like the radio show we are getting there. And we all know that @CVargo isn't going to do it in fact he's probably sipping on some bourbon or peach whiskey. We'd ask @CBLindsay to update the logo to have a 4 on it but it's tax season and every time we've gone to knock on his door he just hisses at us like a cat, but in all honesty we know he's hiding behind that door loving on his dog!

So here we are four years ago this crazy idea officially launched. Now granted the idea was in the works from a trip that occurred almost 6 years ago but here we are. Four years a lot has happened but the most impressive thing is how the Cadre has grown. We are not as focused on having thousands upon thousands on our site. Instead we want relationships and friendships created! So to see 667 people registered makes us realize just how far we have come. The Cadre is a brotherhood a place where all are accepted and a place where we can all come together free from judgement (okay there's a little judging) and just escape the outside world a little bit.

So today in honor of the four year anniversary please when shaving think of the cadre, when pouring your morning coffee that now takes a lot longer than it used to beat your chest in honor of the Cadre, when you fire up the grill to follow that new Keto recipe that someone posted but you know you are adding extra gluten... don't worry we won't tell Dave shed a tear for the cadre, tonight when you sit down to relax and pour a dram of Whiskey raise that TSC glen high and toast the Cadre, and then if you are so inclined when lighting your evening cigar give an extra puff for the Cadre. Now check that fancy watch you bought oops forgot to wind it didn't ya? Okay fix the time first! Now go tell your significant other that you found another rabbit hole to explore... I don't know what hobby we will all join in on together next but I can tell you one thing it will be as a Cadre.

So now the request. Please post pics below honoring the Cadre, and let us know what the Cadre means to you!

The owners will highlight these at the convention.

Stay tuned our 5th year has a lot happening! A lot of exciting announcements are coming and yes some exclusives too!

Thank you for being a member of The Cadre

I hate traveling at this point in my life, and I’m going to Vegas with poeple I didn’t know last year, go figure.

Congrats to TSC and thanks for your vision.

My only regret is not getting the right foot of fellowship from my old hangout sooner.

Only at the Cadre can you get attacked by a Mohawked Masonic mad man......who is also one of the coolest guys you'll ever meet.

9f33cc82bc391841c029b3ab1892315a.jpg

And here...in a non-threatening pose..

IMG_20220124_193813611.jpg

Look forward to meeting many others here in my hometown of Vegas.

All I can say is there isn’t a better place for camaraderie than this place - full of diverse shavers, views, but nonetheless a bonding & fellowship that there is no equal!

My journey started with these folks - popping up on my YouTube stream:

1647360301263.jpeg

1647360244652.jpeg

1647360258309.jpeg

1647360278785.jpeg

1647360319848.jpeg

And that is led to Game Night, Zoom Calls, Bingo. It is a place where you can go to take your mind off things, share something special in your life, or just joke around.

And of course - there is this dude that got our owner and his nemesis to buy a razor from Switzerland:

1647360416313.jpeg

All our folks bring something special to the table - I enjoy reading blogs, and about other hobbies as well.

Congrats TSC on 4 blessed years!

It REALLY is hard to believe it has been 4 yrs since we first launched the forum. For those who were here from the initial launch, you may recall the first year was spent using a different platform. We had no idea when we started the forum that we would outgrow that platform within a year...nor did we expect the conversion to the more robust and capable Xenforo platform to be as complex (we actually had to hire someone to build a custom tool to migrate the one year old forum to Xenforo). When we completed the migration to the current platform we thought we would be set for a long time, as it turned out, our growth since 2020 has been so substantial we had to upgrade our servers last year to handle the volume. To say we are pleased with the growth of the forum would be an understatement.

WE didn't get here by accident, it has taken a significant investment of time, money and energy. Fortunate for us (Myself, Chad and Dave) our members, vendors and hobbyist stepped up to ease the burden and make the forum even better. This year we will be holding our first annual TSC Convention in Las Vegas, more than 25 TSC members will be in attendance...and ALL of them (except one, who lives in LV) will be travelling from a significant distance to attend. Once again, our members, vendors and hobbyist have stepped up to make the event TAHT much more special.

I will be honest, @CVargo and @BarberDave are the visionaries here (I have "visions" too, but that's a different story), what they see for the future of the forum is really exciting. All I can say right now is, if you thought the first 4 years were incredible just wait until you see the next 4 years.

Since I will be attending the forum convention with my wife and daughter, I think I will pass on posting any photos that might be shown during the convention...

The Cadre to me is extremely special. It's a dream and vision that has come to fruition. I am really excited about the future around here. I am also eternally grateful for the friendships I have made. I consider a lot of you family and can't wait to see a lot of you in Vegas.

1647360330045.png

1647360375463.png

1647360518694.png

Who remembers this?
1647360446205.png

Holy Cow! Four years! Four Years! Four Years! I can't believe it has been FOUR YEARS! Seriously though...this place has gotten me through quite a few rough patches the last few years and I suspect that it will get me through a few more! So many relationships built here. Most of them online, but a couple others in person. I'll be raising a glass tonight on honorum of The Shaving Cadre. I'll even open the good stuff. And I will take a pic and post it as well!

Congratulations on four years. I’ve only been a member for just a few months now, but enjoy my association with TSC. Too bad the convention isn’t going on now, I will be passing through Las Vegas tomorrow on my way to Los Angeles. A rather sudden and unexpected development.

Man, Doesn't seem like 4 years. This place as kept me sane on more than a few night and weekend shifts. So many good people here and I can't wait to raise a glass with everyone in Vegas! Looking forward to many more years!

Back