The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Fluffy’s Curmudgeon Cinema

Hey man. Nice videos. I really enjoy your delivery and commentary. And for being hesitant, you sure seem to be cranking them out! You're a natural.

As a Spider-Guy, I really appreciated your story. That's fun stuff. I keep tarantuals as pets. Got a bunch of them.

I will say your straight razor technique is quite unique. It look odd to watch you shave, but you still move it around with great confidence and relative speed. Much better than I could do. I need to get back into straights. Got a bunch, but need to test a few and see which ones are still shave ready.

@Spider
So you say it’s “unique “. Some might say “special”. It has evolved over time.
I really did try mightily to use my right hand. But just never got comfortable with trusting that side of my body to have my best interest at heart.
I settled on two passes to achieve my goal. A DFS with no/minimal irritation.
With my trusty Fatboy loaded with a Voskhod. I can do a third clean up pass and buffing with no ill effects. For a BBS result.
But that has proved to be extremely dangerous. As the fairer sex finds that level of smooth intoxicating. And i am a married man.
And really how smooth do you need to be? driving a dump truck and picking up carcass’s from the side of the road.
PS The spider we caught for our joke was released back to the wilds of Ft. Chaffee.
Fluffy

Nothing wrong with a Norton except the compression was so high, I couldn’t kick it over. 😜

I’ve really been enjoying your videos! You seem quite relaxed and comfortable with your technique.

That is a really cool looking razor. Pretty fancy @Dave in KY !

@Maryland998 watching your videos is reallllllly making me want to break out a straight again! Now that the February One Blade Challenge is over I might just do that. I’ll probably have to watch some videos to get my stropping technique up to par first.

@SteveChuckFrank
I'm glad that my video's are "inspirational" for you.
I would probably guess most people are inspired to go off the grid and cancel their internet after watching them.:unsure:
For me stropping is all about muscle memory. I started doing very slow deliberate strokes. With layers of tape over the edge. So I didn't nick the strop if I messed up.
I took me prolly two or three months of of slowly picking up speed to get to where I would say I was average.
Now after a couple years. Muscle memory is firmly established and it is almost "automatic".

Just saw that screen capture that youtube has for my link.
Somebody there is a douche.
Thanks for picking the most awkward frame in the whole video.
Oh well.
There just jealous probably. :cool:

Nice shave Ken and ope all goes well with the Misses' continued recovery. Funny how the tiniest cuts will bleed a lot more than a worse cut. I was teasing about disinfecting things because you said you were sick and the wife was a germophobic type person. Just joking ;)
download.gif

Last edited:
They always choose the stupidest. I haven't figured out where or how to change it..........
Download the YouTube Studio app. You'll log into your account and then can edit videos. One of the choices on the main editing screen is picking from one of three pre selected thumbnails or the option to upload your own photo for this.

@Dave in KY
Yes I know you were joking. Sarcasm is my primary mode of communication. Unless I'm talking to my wife or mother.
I have seen post elsewhere. That people make such a fuss about sanitizing razors after conducting a "test" shave. Chlorox wipe of the entire razor after stropping. Is my normal method.
@NurseDave
Might have to check out that app. Learn something every day.

Have a good Monday guys.

Fluffy

Back