The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Feather SS clone pass around.....maybe?

The Monkey

"I See the Good in Every Shave"
Legacy
I just got a Feather SS clone from China. I chose the wooden handle as I thought it looked pretty cool.
The QC isnt perfect and the blade holder looks a little funky

Here's the deal I ordered 2 thinking I would send one out into the Cadre. I know we have some AC shavette fans here so I was hoping someone could compare the clone to the real deal. Also if someone was interest in trying this format they could give it a shot.
Anyone interested?

I'd be game but feel @GearNoir could probably give the best/most accurate comparison as he is more regular with it's use. I lean towards the Weck now.
If I start a pass around it would be for anyone who wants to jump in. Doesnt matter what someone has used in the past. I was just thinking that if someone has used a SS then a comparison would be a bonus.

Things are changed up a bit. Led has offered to include a gold Kai clone. So I will ship the razor to him first so he can add his razor to the mix.

So we have:

1. @gvw755
2. @Dave in KY
3.@Spider

just had a conversation with John, first of all to tell him what a nice guy he is and secondly to say that his niceness overwhelmed me so much that I have decided to add my contribution to the pot. I recently acquired a clone of a Kai Captain Kamisori and if I could move to the front of the pass around line, I will include it in the pass around for the rest of you. This way you can all experience a folding fake Feather and a kamisori fake Kai.

This is a pic of what it looks like and the second pic is compared with a real Kai, which is the bottom razor that is longer and has a more curved handle.

@gvw755 and @The Monkey very nice of Both of You !!!!! I'm sure Many will enjoy the chance to try Both. Respectfully though i'm not in as i have now tried both a kamisori and the kai clone i posted about......

I see ya, I see ya...I just prefer western style n all that kerfuffle more. I’m on the fence.

Back