The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Everyone Loves Sumo!!!

Chris always complains the JSA isn't strict enough, then when they are...

I get his point, and sumo clearly has a lot of politics, but don't think that was a good argument. Just come out and say it Chris, JSA is on a witch hunt and they never liked Hakuho.

YUP! Watched that this morning. Hakuho arguably put Sumo on the international map so to speak. Now no one should be untouchable, but I think with what we know so far. They are over reacting
I wonder if it is less over-reacting and more cultural and political. At least that is the way it seems to me. They want the guy that takes all that spotlight to be back down to his correct size for someone who is a few years post-retirement.

I wonder if it is less over-reacting and more cultural and political. At least that is the way it seems to me. They want the guy that takes all that spotlight to be back down to his correct size for someone who is a few years post-retirement.
It's that plus the fact he's not Japanese, and that it was publicly reported.

Naive me wants to just wish that the JSA is trying to clean up the nasty side of sumo culture, but if so, it's interesting who they decided to start with since it could have stopped with the tall man getting the boot.

SUMO in 6 DAYS!!! WOOT!
takakeisho-daieisho.gif

Back