The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

ETHOS Website update.

Frank -

This is meant as encouragement, not criticism. I've worked on web projects before and I've come to believe that the following is true: Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. I realize you have copy to prepare, but at some point you'll feel much better just launching and then filling in any minor holes.

Maybe go back to a holiday paper catalog you mail out like Sears?
Hey...the way this year has been I would LOVE to have a big ol sears catalog (or even JC Penny if they still sell stuff other than clothes and jewelry) show up at my door. I remember tagging the pages of the catalog that had my favorite items and picking up stuff we ordered from the ‘catalog’ store in town. The OG. amazon

Hey...the way this year has been I would LOVE to have a big ol sears catalog (or even JC Penny if they still sell stuff other than clothes and jewelry) show up at my door. I remember tagging the pages of the catalog that had my favorite items and picking up stuff we ordered from the ‘catalog’ store in town. The OG. amazon
I would pour over the last 60 or so pages of the Christmas catalog every year as a kid.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I have been enjoying this thread (although NOT the part about @Dragonsbeard 's computer crashing and burning)! And although I absolutely DO look forward to the launching of the ETHOS Grooming Essentials website and wish for nothing but the very BEST of success for Frank and his endeavors, I (like a few others here) somewhat selfishly delight in the current status of things. That being, I genuinely favor and cherish my personal trek of "chasing down" the mysterious, seemingly "unavailable to the common man", hidden GEM of a soap line that is ETHOS! That pursuit is the very journey that led me here to The Shaving Cadre via a few active members that frequently posted pics of their infamous ETHOS products on other internet shaving forums. This is a quest that culminated in having wonderful, in-depth and personal conversations with @Dragonsbeard via multiple email exchanges and actual telephone conversations! Who gets to do this when attempting to purchase shave soap? - I DID!!! How can one top THAT experience? ...especially during a global pandemic! I am currently and eagerly looking forward to the release of ETHOS Dragonsbead v2 soap and kinda (selfishly) relish the idea that the masses out there don't have the inside access that we TSC member do! Is that wrong? - Quite possibly. Some have mentioned in this thread the idea of an actual PRINTED product catalog. What a rare TREAT that would be!!! Yet I fully acknowledge and accept that the world operates on-line and that my deepest admiration and respect for Frank and his business absolutely REQUIRES that a successful website launch and operation come to pass. Will this broader availability render the ETHOS products any less amazing? - I say NOT! For it is not the obscurity or mystique of a product line which makes it wonderful, it is the finest of ingredients, the personal attention to every detail, the unending dedication to excellence, and so much more that makes the ETHOS Grooming Essentials line what it is! And what's wrong with others in the greater wet shaving community having access to the best of shaves with ETHOS products? Isn't that what we all want in the brotherhood? I know I do.

PEACE
Bobby "Granite" Glasser

I have been enjoying this thread (although NOT the part about @Dragonsbeard 's computer crashing and burning)! And although I absolutely DO look forward to the launching of the ETHOS Grooming Essentials website and wish for nothing but the very BEST of success for Frank and his endeavors, I (like a few others here) somewhat selfishly delight in the current status of things. That being, I genuinely favor and cherish my personal trek of "chasing down" the mysterious, seemingly "unavailable to the common man", hidden GEM of a soap line that is ETHOS! That pursuit is the very journey that led me here to The Shaving Cadre via a few active members that frequently posted pics of their infamous ETHOS products on other internet shaving forums. This is a quest that culminated in having wonderful, in-depth and personal conversations with @Dragonsbeard via multiple email exchanges and actual telephone conversations! Who gets to do this when attempting to purchase shave soap? - I DID!!! How can one top THAT experience? ...especially during a global pandemic! I am currently and eagerly looking forward to the release of ETHOS Dragonsbead v2 soap and kinda (selfishly) relish the idea that the masses out there don't have the inside access that we TSC member do! Is that wrong? - Quite possibly. Some have mentioned in this thread the idea of an actual PRINTED product catalog. What a rare TREAT that would be!!! Yet I fully acknowledge and accept that the world operates on-line and that my deepest admiration and respect for Frank and his business absolutely REQUIRES that a successful website launch and operation come to pass. Will this broader availability render the ETHOS products any less amazing? - I say NOT! For it is not the obscurity or mystique of a product line which makes it wonderful, it is the finest of ingredients, the personal attention to every detail, the unending dedication to excellence, and so much more that makes the ETHOS Grooming Essentials line what it is! And what's wrong with others in the greater wet shaving community having access to the best of shaves with ETHOS products? Isn't that what we all want in the brotherhood? I know I do.

PEACE
Bobby "Granite" Glasser
Well said Bobby :cool:
tenor.gif

@Granite.Glasser aka Bobby
Thank you for the thoughtful and encouraging words and rest assured I will always make myself available to my customers and some of you know I enjoy my chats with my customers. Especially when we have time for a phone chat. These last couple of months have been very challenging trying to keep up with not only filling orders and getting them shipped out but making products and working at my other 2 jobs developing products for the CBD company and managing my hair product line. I think getting the website will dramatically cut down the time I spend on taking, filling and shipping orders out as sometimes it literally takes 3,4 even5 emails to actually finally get an order to where it’s ready to be filled and shipped. Like I said this will open up more free time I can spend on not only making new products but also being able to take a day off now and then and I also can spend a little more time here on the Cadre talking about other shave related things like razors abs brushes etc. I’ll always make myself available for chats with customers.

Take care Bobby and great shaves my friend!
Frank

Great looking website Frankie. Congrats on its launch! Oh, my order is in...... Oh Yeah!!!!

Great looking website Frankie. Congrats on its launch! Oh, my order is in...... Oh Yeah!!!!

Congratulations Frank!

Woo Hoo @Dragonsbeard - bookmarked for many future purchases!
Congratulations on the new website and best wishes growing the brand, not that it needs it. (y)
Thank you all for the encouraging words my friends! We have to add the whole Custom Collection which is about a week away and fine tune a few things but at least it’s up finally,! Lol
Also have to update this vendors section.and will as soon as I get caught up.

Back