The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

ETHOS Website update.

Dragonsbeard

Shave Enthusiast
Artisan Retailer
Hello Gents!

I’m going to make this a short one. So the ETHOS website was scheduled to go up tomorrow night or Friday afternoon at the latest and everything was looking good for either of those days. The only thing left was I had some copy left to finish up and I purposely took Saturday and Sunday and made plans to stay at home and finish it all up. Well Saturday night I took a break for dinner and went to get back on the computer and bam! The screen locked, the cursor wouldn’t budge and I tried to do everything to get it back up and running but no luck so being the weekend yesterday was the first day I could bring it to a computer repair shop that I’ve worked with before and I got the bad news today. It needs a new hard drive and it’s Mac and they have to order it so I’m looking at early next week. Well everything to do with the website is on that computer pretty much so I can’t make a prediction as to what day it will be going up!
The site is live so we can work on it but that’s about it.
I was really excited about getting it up this week but those hopes went away in a flash.

I just thought I’d post this as I know a lot of people have been waiting to place orders through the website so I feel really bad it’s going to be a bit longer. Just my luck this had to happen now and couldn’t have waited a few more days before freezing up on me.
I’ll keep this post updated as things move along. The one thing that I can get accomplished is getting my Shopify shipping program in place so when the computer is fixed I can finish up the copy and get the website up and ready for my customers to be able to look at the info on each of the products and make their purchases online instead of through emails which I will be very happy to do.

Thank all of you for your patience!!
Frank

Frank I know you'll get grief from a few perhaps but let it run off your back. No matter how hard you've tried things have been constantly foiling your plans. It is the year of 2020 after all. Do what you can and don't worry about what you can't. 2 years from now when the site is up and full of some of the best products available for us wet shavers this will be a forgotten blip in the growth of the company. All that said, knowing the kinda guy you are, you're going to be frustrated over people's disappointment and not delivering what/how you wanted to. Shed the negativity like water off a duck's back.
TcpRjO.gif

Frank I know you'll get grief from a few perhaps but let it run off your back. No matter how hard you've tried things have been constantly foiling your plans. It is the year of 2020 after all. Do what you can and don't worry about what you can't. 2 years from now when the site is up and full of some of the best products available for us wet shavers this will be a forgotten blip in the growth of the company. All that said, knowing the kinda guy you are, you're going to be frustrated over people's disappointment and not delivering what/how you wanted to. Shed the negativity like water off a duck's back.
View attachment 33558
You had to post Ducks huh Dave???? LOL

View attachment 33558

Thanks Dave for the encouraging words! I will take them to heart my friend!

🙏🏼😊

I'm excited about the site, but I have absolutely no complaints about the current method. You've gone the extra mile for me as a customer, and I'll do it however is required to keep your wonderful products in my den. I haven't formally undertaken to actually rank the soaps I use, but I do know that I've never used a finer soap in my life. The Succes soap and SFS is absolutely amazing. Thank you for all the amazing customer service you've provided! And hang in there with the computer. I've been there and it's a pain.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I'm excited about the site, but I have absolutely no complaints about the current method. You've gone the extra mile for me as a customer, and I'll do it however is required to keep your wonderful products in my den. I haven't formally undertaken to actually rank the soaps I use, but I do know that I've never used a finer soap in my life. The Succes soap and SFS is absolutely amazing. Thank you for all the amazing customer service you've provided! And hang in there with the computer. I've been there and it's a pain.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
This was very well said. As I have never used any of Frank's products I really have no right to say anything. (LOL-Which means I should put a period here! But who EVER called me smart?)

Frank can run his business any way he likes. He will be the one to reap the rewards. If he doesn't satisfy his customer base, he will go out of business.

But I've read crap somewhere else that stuck in my craw: it boiled down to someone saying that they didn't want to buy through an email system. THEN DON'T!

They didn't need to say ANYTHING, yet they chose to give someone a black-eye over nothing.

Take your business elsewhere, or wait till a guy has a website. Don't talk trash.

I was a self employed Cosmetologist for TOO long, lol. The struggles of running your own business isn't for everyone. I only told two people to take their business elsewhere in 30 years. But I was glad to do it.

As my wise father used to say: some folks ain't happy unless they're miserable.

@Dragonsbeard The other great thing I like about Frank is that he is super nice with all the emails I annoy him and responds very quickly in the best way possible. We went back and forth today!

When something is so good, having a formal "store" just makes things too complicated to manage and fees to consider for maintenance. I would say Frank is like Manuel of Eufros. Great products market themselves with super fantastic customer relations and fabulous products.

@Dragonsbeard The other great thing I like about Frank is that he is super nice with all the emails I annoy him and responds very quickly in the best way possible. We went back and forth today!

When something is so good, having a formal "store" just makes things too complicated to manage and fees to consider for maintenance. I would say Frank is like Manuel of Eufros. Great products market themselves with super fantastic customer relations and fabulous products.
Frank is an awesome communicator which won't change. The website will make things easier for him and free up time for him.

Back