The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Enjoying what you have 2022 Quarter 1

Luecke3262

“I am the Grail Razor Hunter”
Hobbyist
A lot of us have enough product to outlive ourselves and to even outlive our children (@Scuttlesoap ). I've been thinking recently that I would like to take a period each year to reflect upon what I already own and enjoy, as opposed to trying to fit something new into my routine. I keep thinking that enjoying what I have without buying a bunch of new stuff for a few months will help me to focus on what I really like and weed out what I don't. So, I'm going to take three months and make no shave related purchases. This period of austerity will run from January 1st, 2022 - March 31st, 2022.

Purchases would include:

1. blades
  2. razors
  3. creams
  4. soaps
  5. brushes
  6. knots
  7. strops
  8. aftershaves
  9. balms
  10. pre/post-shave oils
  11. talc
  12. Antique shaving related items of all kinds.
  13. Any other shaving related items not mentioned that must be purchased with money or a gift card.
Not Included:
  1. PIF winnings
  2. Competition winnings (Such as weight loss challenge)
  3. Gifts from anyone
  4. Trades
  5. purchases prior to January 1st, 2022

Would anyone else care to join me in in this quest?
If so, include your name in the list below and we can support each other in enjoying what we have and saving a little money along the way as well.

Please copy everything from this line and below:

1. Luecke3262

Ok, my Spanish Swordsman Friend - I’m in….

1640728493838.gif

I do need a caveat……I already made a commitment to two artisans for products that will be delivered in February. However, the funds were committed this quarter and as you can see - I already am starting the purge of my den…..and probably more to come - so the overall will be less and enjoying what i have…so there will be no new purchases…..

1. Luecke3262

1640728466713.gif

@Scuttlesoap

Brian, I think that tracks. If there is a prior commitment and I think that's fine. The point is to keep yourself from these splurges that we all get on. You know, the ones where you buy every soap ever made with a boozy citrus scent or something like that. You can do this buddy!

1. Luecke3262
  2. Scuttlesoap

Fixed it @bosch

Please add your name and copy everything from this line and below:

1. Luecke3262
  2. Scuttlesoap
  3. Bosch

Sounds good to me! I pretty much haven’t bought anything except some frags in the last year anyway…and I see frags are not included, so…

Please add your name and copy everything from this line and below:

1. Luecke3262
  2. Scuttlesoap
  3. Bosch
  4. The Monkey
  5. GearNoir

As the Leader of the C.E.C. ( Central Enablement Center ), and our Special Agents and Operatives, take this as a declaration of WAR, as such the following individuals are now dead to the C.E.C. until such time, that said person is repentant and begs for re-entry to the Hallowed Halls of the Central Enablement Center. Obviously we have some turn-coast amongst our ranks, and have been lured by the darkside. Should you see those individuals, you can publically shame them, by attaching the following sign:

KAREN OF THE DARKSIDE

Those individuals are
@Luecke3262
@Scuttlesoap

with more to be added if needed.

We at the C.E.C plan on further actions to Quell this Abomination of our faith in Enablement.

You have been warned!

BOUNTY: The C.E.C. Agent or Operative who bring proof tha those individuals, have followed the path of the True C.E.C. Jedi, will receive a Special C.E.C. sanctioned bounty.

All C.E.C. Agents will receive special Mission Packets and public announcements will be forthcoming

C.E.C. FOREVER!

As the Leader of the C.E.C. ( Central Enablement Center ), and our Special Agents and Operatives, take this as a declaration of WAR, as such the following individuals are now dead to the C.E.C. until such time, that said person is repentant and begs for re-entry to the Hallowed Halls of the Central Enablement Center. Obviously we have some turn-coast amongst our ranks, and have been lured by the darkside. Should you see those individuals, you can publically shame them, by attaching the following sign:

KAREN OF THE DARKSIDE

Those individuals are
@Luecke3262
@Scuttlesoap

with more to be added if needed.

We at the C.E.C plan on further actions to Quell this Abomination of our faith in Enablement.

You have been warned!

BOUNTY: The C.E.C. Agent or Operative who bring proof tha those individuals, have followed the path of the True C.E.C. Jedi, will receive a Special C.E.C. sanctioned bounty.

All C.E.C. Agents will receive special Mission Packets and public announcements will be forthcoming

C.E.C. FOREVER!
1640742679415.png

Back