The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

El Jefe passaround

Spider said:
OK, I asked before about the Mongoose, but can anyone compare it to the Cobra? Just curious. I find the mongoose to be about perfect, aggressive-wise. The Cobra is definitely more aggressive, and I need to take more care with it. Is El Jefe somewhere in the middle?
I just used a Cobra so I think I can compare. I found the efficency about the same. The El Jefe may have just a tad more blade feel but not much . The Cobra has a thinner head so it is more agile on the face.
If you like the Cobra I think you will like the El Jefe .

Received El Jefe today! Will try it out tonight and then probably Saturday and Sunday. Having a outpatient medical procedure tomorrow so probably won’t see much use tomorrow night.

While it does give a nice shave I believe I’m ready to pass this Jefe on. Who’s next on the list?

If it's me, I'm going to sit out. I get the feeling it's going to be too aggressive for me anyway.

Actually I just looked up a couple of posts at the list, and it looks like Chad is next.

1. Smattay-using

2. DocHoliday0831

3. Cvargo

4. bobmsp

El Jefe arrived today. I'll get about 5 shaves in then send it on.

Well I have used El Jefe 3 times so far. THANKS John for putting this on.

Couple of items.

Weight is very well balanced
It doesn't seem to fully clamp down on the blade, you can hear a slight rattle but no movement on the blade. It is weird.
The razor is very aggressive, but surprisingly not as efficient as my beloved General. I hope that makes sense to people.
I am planning on two more shaves before I package it up and get ready to send out.

Thanks again!

Don't know if it is too late or not...but if it isn't I wouldn't mind trying this bad boy. What do you say Monkey Man? Can I put myself on the list?

1. Smattay

2. DocHoliday0831

3. Cvargo

4. bobmsp
5. Shaver Danger (Approving Monkey approval)

I am ready to move this forward. Reaching out to bobmsp

1. Smattay

2. DocHoliday0831

3. Cvargo

4. bobmsp
5. Shaver Danger (Monkey approvedl)

El Jefe arrived today and I carefully looked at the photo on the first page as I loaded a blade. I'm all set for the morning now.

I'm going to be traveling Wednesday through Saturday night, so I'm going to leave the razor at home during that period. I hope to get a few more shaves after I return and then will send it on to Don.

I had my second shave this morning with El Jefe. After 2 shaves I can definitely understand the appeal of the AC format. I've used Gem-style SEs before and, while I have gotten smooth shaves with them, there was nothing that made me even want to think about moving away from DEs.

This, on the other hand, is a different story. I used some Grooming Dept soap this morning and had a magnificent 2 pass BBS shave. I'm not certain that this combo (El Jefe + Feather Pro(?)) is the right combo for me - it seems a little harsh - but I'm interested enough to think about investing in a razor and a blade sampler next year.

I had my second shave this morning with El Jefe. After 2 shaves I can definitely understand the appeal of the AC format. I've used Gem-style SEs before and, while I have gotten smooth shaves with them, there was nothing that made me even want to think about moving away from DEs.

This, on the other hand, is a different story. I used some Grooming Dept soap this morning and had a magnificent 2 pass BBS shave. I'm not certain that this combo (El Jefe + Feather Pro(?)) is the right combo for me - it seems a little harsh - but I'm interested enough to think about investing in a razor and a blade sampler next year.

I hope you are having a great trip.

If you go with a AC type some people say ghat the Schick Proline are a smoother blade.

Back