The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

El Jefe passaround

The Monkey said:
KJ, simple solution.....try the El Jefe.
ok, put me on the list.

I was mainly curious how it compared in terms of aggression. If it was more aggressive, then I’d probably pass.

Spider said:
ok, put me on the list.

I was mainly curious how it compared in terms of aggression. If it was more aggressive, then I’d probably pass.

The El Jefe is aggressive with a lot of blade feel.

It came in today, with some Feather Pro blades in the box. Thanks John! Due to an extra early day tomorrow, I'll be going with an evening shave, and I'm looking forward to my first use of a modern SE.

Smattayu said:
It came in today, with some Feather Pro blades in the box. Thanks John! Due to an extra early day tomorrow, I'll be going with an evening shave, and I'm looking forward to my first use of a modern SE.

Smattayu said:

Glad you got it ok. Look forward to hearing how you make out.
Just make sure that the head and blade are like the picture I posted.

Smattayu said:

Curious how the shave went?

Sorry about the delay. Yesterday was pretty busy, but I did shave with it Monday evening. The details are posted in my journal, and it was a great shave. The razor was more aggressive than I was expecting, but the result was still a very nice BBS. I'd like to shave with it a couple more times before I pass it along, if that's all right. Thanks for starting this pass around John!

Smattayu said:
Sorry about the delay. Yesterday was pretty busy, but I did shave with it Monday evening. The details are posted in my journal, and it was a great shave. The razor was more aggressive than I was expecting, but the result was still a very nice BBS. I'd like to shave with it a couple more times before I pass it along, if that's all right. Thanks for starting this pass around John!
Oh stupid me..I'm embarrassed to say didn't read your journal.
1f62a.png

The El Jefe is an aggressive razor but a nice shaver. Take your time so you get the full experience.

The Monkey said:
Oh stupid me..I'm embarrassed to say didn't read your journal.
1f62a.png

The El Jefe is an aggressive razor but a nice shaver. Take your time so you get the full experience.

No worries. I had only posted in my journal a couple minutes before coming in here to post lol.

Got another shave in with this beast, and I'm impressed. It's a great shaver, and one I'd consider pulling the trigger on. One more shave and I'll send it along to the next victim.

My apologies for being terrible with posting about my experience with El Jefe. Last shave before passing it on was a little while ago. The shaves have all been very good to excellent, and that is only after 4 uses. It is pretty darn aggressive, and I could see a heavy hand leading to lobster-face, as well as some Home Alone level aftershave sting, but I'm liking it.

Many thanks for this pass around, John. How would you like to proceed? Should I send it to the next victim, and who would that be?

It’s either me or KJ but you can send it to him first I can wait my turn. I just got a new Jectah anyway

Smattayu said:
My apologies for being terrible with posting about my experience with El Jefe. Last shave before passing it on was a little while ago. The shaves have all been very good to excellent, and that is only after 4 uses. It is pretty darn aggressive, and I could see a heavy hand leading to lobster-face, as well as some Home Alone level aftershave sting, but I'm liking it.

Many thanks for this pass around, John. How would you like to proceed? Should I send it to the next victim, and who would that be?

Send it to TJ. If you don't mind sending me the tracking number.

Smattayu said:
Got another shave in with this beast, and I'm impressed. It's a great shaver, and one I'd consider pulling the trigger on. One more shave and I'll send it along to the next victim.

Need to remember that the El Jefe that John sent out is no longer available. The flaw with the guide pins have been corrected now and the razor is now called the MR-SE. Don't know if getting rid of the flaw made it a better razor or not. I have not shaved with it because I like the El Jefe (with all it's faults).

I loved the El Jefe so much that I bought the Mr SE. Out of the two I prefer the El Jefe.

The Monkey said:
I loved the El Jefe so much that I bought the Mr SE. Out of the two I prefer the El Jefe.

I never owned or used an El Jefe, but I tried the MR-SE this morning and found it to be terrific. Among the best of AC razors I've tried. What did you like more about the original El Jefe?

I wasn’t able to get it out yet, but I should be able to send it Monday.

I would love to get in on this pass around if possible. I’ve never tried an AC before and have been curious. Thanks!

I supose I should start a list:

1. Smattay-using
2. DocHoliday0831
3. Cvargo
4. Spider
5. bobmsp

OK, I asked before about the Mongoose, but can anyone compare it to the Cobra? Just curious. I find the mongoose to be about perfect, aggressive-wise. The Cobra is definitely more aggressive, and I need to take more care with it. Is El Jefe somewhere in the middle?

Back