The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

El Jefe passaround

Just wanted to let you all know I received El Jefe today! Really excited to give this guy a whirl. Will try it out either tomorrow or Monday and let you all know my thoughts.

First shave with El Jefe in the books gents. I am reserving judgement until I can get at least a couple more shave in. I am definitely going to have to learn the quirks of this guy. I can tell you right now that I am not used to the width of this bad boy! The Feather AC definitely lives up to it's reputation...super sharp. There may or may have been a mishap and I may or may not have sliced open a part of me that I didn't know I could cut while shaving. But you will never know what part...that is unless you read my journal entry. More to come on the second shave.

The following is from my shave journal this morning:

Second shave with El Jefe. He is not quite as bad as I made him out to be on the last shave, but I still need to pay attention. He is a very efficient shaver. The wide blade lets you cover your face and neck with fewer strokes. If you can get your touch right...this would be a good thing. The razor is still very aggressive in my opinion. Maybe a blade that is little bit smoother might make all the difference in the shave.

I guess more on point is that since this is only my second shave with the razor...I still am reserving judgement. But currently, I have been intrigued by SEs but can't quite get the perfect touch or angle. I'll keep going and hopefully I can dial it in. Right now I like the El Jefe...just not sure I like it enough. I'll report tomorrow on another shave!

I agree, I think the Pro might not be the one to try for the first SE experience.

Well, third shave is in the books. I did a regular old two pass (North to south then south to north) yesterday. I used longer strokes this time and finished quickly. Again...this is a very efficient razor. I think I dialed it in a bit more. But to be honest, while I like the efficiency of the razor and blade...I am just not too sure that this razor is for me. I said it earlier....but maybe a blade that is a tad more mellow might suit me better with this razor. I might do one more shave with it this weekend...but all in all I am ready to move this guy on.

It appears that I am the last on the list. I didn't know if there was anyone else that it needs to go to or if I just send it back to John. I am sure @The Monkey will let me know soon. Thanks John for allowing me to try this guy out. It was really an enjoyable experience even if I don't think it is for me.

If KJ doesn't want to try it then it is time for it to come home. Thanks everyone for playing.

Nice video. The handle is a cheap Bali handle. Ikon just sold the head so I just grabbed the handle that I had laying around.

Nice Socks, by the way.

I thought today was going to be the day. The day I used the El Jefe, and didn't cut myself. I was wrong. About 3/4 of the way through my second pass, there was the blood again. Every single shave, no matter how careful I am. This thing is just too aggressive for me. And in order to shallow it up enough to be somewhat comfortable, the handle position is awkward. Bad geometry.

I'm done torturing myself. Does anyone else want a go, or John, am I sending it back to you?

Back