The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Coffee

Yeah...I am intrigued! I made some Vietnamese egg coffee a while back. I didn't use condensed milk because I can't do that much sugar right now. But I was able to make one low carb with a couple modifications. It was delicious! But my only issue is that I don't really know how to drink it? Do I mix it all together? Do I keep it separated and drink with a spoon? Anyway...here is a pic of it!

For a little while there I was getting interested in trying something else for work coffee. But dang, so many different choices just makes me want to stick with my Keurig.

Had to google it. Looks like too much work for me for coffee when I'm waking up

It is super easy. I just boil some water, dump in coffee and pour in hot water, wait and then press. I use a paper filter so Clean up is just shoot the puck into the garbage and a quick rinse. It is so much easier than my French press.

I also bought a milk foamer and using it with the Aeopress I havent touched my espresso machine in months.

That aeropress doesn't make nearly enough coffee. My French press makes enough to fill my morning mug and my travel mug to take to work. And sometimes I wish I had a bigger French press.

Yeah...I am intrigued! I made some Vietnamese egg coffee a while back. I didn't use condensed milk because I can't do that much sugar right now. But I was able to make one low carb with a couple modifications. It was delicious! But my only issue is that I don't really know how to drink it? Do I mix it all together? Do I keep it separated and drink with a spoon? Anyway...here is a pic of it!

Stir it together and enjoy.

I am now in possession of 20# of green coffee (from two different geographic locations) and a thrift store popcorn popper/nut roaster. I look forward to giving this home roasting thing a go in the near future. I have an air popper and a stovetop whirly thing so I can play with the different methods. If I like how this goes maybe I'l get a fancier roaster.

Coming soon to a soap shipment near you. CBL small batch whole bean coffee.

I am now in possession of 20# of green coffee (from two different geographic locations) and a thrift store popcorn popper/nut roaster. I look forward to giving this home roasting thing a go in the near future. I have an air popper and a stovetop whirly thing so I can play with the different methods. If I like how this goes maybe I'l get a fancier roaster.

Be careful if you are doing this in the house as you can create a bit of smoke.

Be careful if you are doing this in the house as you can create a bit of smoke.
THIS is why I had previously been banned by the wife from ever roasting again. Many years ago I worked with a lady who bought a coffee farm in some far corner of the world. She gave me a bag of coffee from her farm/plantation and I proceeded to roast the beans in a cast iron pan. Two problems with my approach, first I underestimated the rank stench and smoke that would naturally and normally occur. Second, I did not know that the beans would remain hot and continue to roast well after I was done applying heat. The resulting coffee was the worst I have ever experienced, it was tasted like it had been run through a cow first (like the civet coffee) ...SO dirty and bitter. Strangely enough I bought a bag of ground coffee from Big Lots several year ago that tasted just like my failed experiment. Perhaps she is selling coffee now.

Coffee base soap will probably occur at some point but I am not sure it will add much to the soap. ...and I will leave the potential sale and distribution to people who know what they are doing.

THIS is why I had previously been banned by the wife from ever roasting again. Many years ago I worked with a lady who bought a coffee farm in some far corner of the world. She gave me a bag of coffee from her farm/plantation and I proceeded to roast the beans in a cast iron pan. Two problems with my approach, first I underestimated the rank stench and smoke that would naturally and normally occur. Second, I did not know that the beans would remain hot and continue to roast well after I was done applying heat. The resulting coffee was the worst I have ever experienced, it was tasted like it had been run through a cow first (like the civet coffee) ...SO dirty and bitter. Strangely enough I bought a bag of ground coffee from Big Lots several year ago that tasted just like my failed experiment. Perhaps she is selling coffee now.

Coffee base soap will probably occur at some point but I am not sure it will add much to the soap. ...and I will leave the potential sale and distribution to people who know what they are doing.
My favorite coffee scented soap up til now is Catie's Bubbles Irish Cream..................Heavenly ! But I thought you were going to send real coffee samples now. Not soap ??

Big tip from a past mistake of mine it make sure with the stove top popper that you have removed ALL oil from it before using it from coffee. I use a cast iron skillet and my coffee came out tasting like cooking oil.

Back