The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

cmh737 Straight Venture Journal Continued

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Don. Maybe I'll get back to Baton Rouge again one day. One thing, though - can you make sure the city doesn't lose power again? Maybe you know some people. :cool:
Or maybe I can get back to the Atlanta area...but yeah...I will make sure the lights stay on in Baton Rouge next time!

Great update Chris! You have been busy my friend. I’m still a big Stirling fan as well. Take care and Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Great to see you’re doing well Chris. Congrats on selling the house...it definitely a seller’s market out there!

Have a great holiday season and New Years!

2022 Greetings!

Well, I see that it's been a year since I last posted, so thought I'd drop by and say that I'm still kickin'.

In the grand scheme of things, this past year has actually had some positives for me and my family in spite of the pandemic (which thankfully, my family and I have remained healthy); we've been blessed. One of the positives was us moving to our new house this past summer. We moved north of the city nearer to the mountains and next to one of the major lakes in the state, in a golf community. It was a new construction home (the first floor framing had just started when we went under contract). My wife had a grand time picking out all the "stuff", and she's quite happy. The other positive - and I mean MAJOR positive! - was getting our daughter in a MUCH, MUCH better school system! I really like how they do things here in this county: middle school is only 6th & 7th grade, then junior high for 8th & 9th, and then senior high for 10th-12th. Honestly, I love it up here!

Let's see, another noteworthy positive is that we got a puppy a couple months ago. He's a Yorki, and is 4 months old now. So we have a total of 3 dogs: the Maltese - he's the old man at almost 16 years old; the long-coat chihuahua, who's 2 years old, and she's quite the diva, I might add; and the Yorki pup.

Another positive is that I'm still working my same job - so that's good.

Another positive is that I'm still playing bass (still taking lessons) and progressing well. I hate to admit that I'm up to 4 basses now, with two more on the way.

Another positive is that I had days off over the holidays so got to enjoy Christmas Day with family - it was great!

I guess that's about all I can think of for now in terms of life stuff. In terms of shave stuff, been mostly sticking with the DE's the past year. I did, however, break out the Brian Brown straight razor a couple days ago. Gave it a coticule touch up - couldn't remember the last time I used it. Very smooth edge, but not quite sharp enough. I didn't use tape on the spine, and I'm thinking that I may have used it previously. Oh well, still enjoyable, and the muscle memory was intact. Here was the set up:

lYXTMum.jpg

Hope all is well with everyone, and Happy New Year!

Wonder to hear about the house and your life moving in a positive way! Still saving a seat for you.

Great to see you Chris, and good to hear that you and the family are doing so well.

November 23, 2022

Thought I'd pop in to say, "Hello", and let everyone know that I'm still kickin' (I see that it's been almost a year since my last post). All is well; wife, daughter and I are all good. The only significant things that have occurred this past year are that my mother passed away back in April, which was not unexpected due to her being in hospice, but still a jolt when you hear the news. And my great-aunt passed away just last week; she had a good long run making it to 90. The only insignificant things that I can recall are that we had to give the Yorkie back to the breeder because he just wasn't working out (long story). And we ended up getting a cat (Ragdoll) for my daughter (another long story).

Still playing the bass, still working at the same place - hey, maybe that could be a song title!

Hope all is well with everyone. HAPPY THANKSGIVING a day early!

November 23, 2022

Thought I'd pop in to say, "Hello", and let everyone know that I'm still kickin' (I see that it's been almost a year since my last post). All is well; wife, daughter and I are all good. The only significant things that have occurred this past year are that my mother passed away back in April, which was not unexpected due to her being in hospice, but still a jolt when you hear the news. And my great-aunt passed away just last week; she had a good long run making it to 90. The only insignificant things that I can recall are that we had to give the Yorkie back to the breeder because he just wasn't working out (long story). And we ended up getting a cat (Ragdoll) for my daughter (another long story).

Still playing the bass, still working at the same place - hey, maybe that could be a song title!

Good to see you glad all is well . sorry to hear about your mom. Dont be such a stranger

Thanks for checking in Chris. Glad you are doing well. Happy Thanksgiving

November 23, 2022

Sorry to hear about your Mom and Aunt Chris. It's always tough no matter the circumstances. Otherwise it seems like you are doing well. Playing Bass and Working in the Same Place would be an awesome song title. I'm thinking kind of the New Grass genre or maybe New Folk. But of course Classic Country would probably be best. I hope you and the family have a VERY Happy Thanksgiving!

Back