The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Cheese

This is one of our "local" places. I'm starting to see them out in more and more stores. If you happen to see them where you are, the Mt Tam is awesome.

Sure...thanks Dave...thanks for posting something only found in San Fran. Now I want that and can't get it! 🤪

I've seen it in Portland. Just have no idea how far the distribution is. Plus....they ship ;)

My tastes aren't that fancy. My favorite is Kerrigold cheddar. Sort of a sharp cheddar but really smooth. That or I can occasionally find Helluva Good Cheese special reserve which is very similar. Both are great on a triscut or Ritz with some turkey pepperoni.

Anyone else here a big fan of cheese like me?

As you know I smoked up 8lbs of pepper jack and extra sharp cheddar back in April. I haven't tried any of it as I do a minimum of 3 months aging to mellow out the smoke flavor in it.

I figure I have over 12lbs of cheese in the fridge right now.

Here are some pictures of a few other cheeses that I have.

View attachment 28503

View attachment 28505

View attachment 28506
Just found this section.
My wife and kids Love / adore cheese.. I kind of like it too... My kids (the 5 yr old twins) have to have a slice from a block of cheese Every Night at bedtime as a bedtime snack they make my wife and I have a slice too and they have made it a little ritual where they go " cheers here's to the best day ever and best night and here's to mommy and daddy and everyone everywhere " so yes I guess in short we like cheese.

Just found this section.
My wife and kids Love / adore cheese.. I kind of like it too... My kids (the 5 yr old twins) have to have a slice from a block of cheese Every Night at bedtime as a bedtime snack they make my wife and I have a slice too and they have made it a little ritual where they go " cheers here's to the best day ever and best night and here's to mommy and daddy and everyone everywhere " so yes I guess in short we like cheese.

Ha I love it! That age truly is magical!

My tastes aren't that fancy. My favorite is Kerrigold cheddar. Sort of a sharp cheddar but really smooth. That or I can occasionally find Helluva Good Cheese special reserve which is very similar. Both are great on a triscut or Ritz with some turkey pepperoni.
Kerrigold makes some good cheese! I'm not a fan of their Dubliner cheese, but everything else is super good! I especially like their Ballyshannon.

I come from a long line of cheese eaters. Here are some pictures of my Dad and Daughter making a wheel of Cheddar. First pic is my daughter cutting the curd, second is putting it in the press. The press is one my Dad made, weights are hung on the horizontal arm.

20181227_112021[1].jpg
20181227_171516[1].jpg

Back