The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Cheese

ksblazer

Master TSC Shave Member
Anyone else here a big fan of cheese like me?

As you know I smoked up 8lbs of pepper jack and extra sharp cheddar back in April. I haven't tried any of it as I do a minimum of 3 months aging to mellow out the smoke flavor in it.

I figure I have over 12lbs of cheese in the fridge right now.

Here are some pictures of a few other cheeses that I have.

15934029983321599160679426769262.jpg

15934031435801268095107690542549.jpg

15934031846301048647567773805889.jpg

I do enjoy cheese occasionally. Usually with a good cracker and dried fruit.

There’s one particular shop we look forward to visiting each year in Carmel, CA called The Cheese Shop...uh-mazing selection and super generous with samples!

I do enjoy cheese occasionally. Usually with a good cracker and dried fruit.

There’s one particular shop we look forward to visiting each year in Carmel, CA called The Cheese Shop...uh-mazing selection and super generous with samples!

It's always fun going to a nice cheese shop to see what the have and try their samples.

Do they ship?

I have ordered cheese on line from a couple of places here in Washington.

I like cheese with crackers too. Finding a good cheese and cracker combo is a fun experience.

Some crackers I like with cheese are

Triscuits in different flavors or the original.
Keebler club crackers original and multi grain
Ritz
Wheat thin's
Rye crisps with cream cheese is good too

Cheese can be just as dangerous a rabbit hole for your pocketbook as shaving!
It's always fun going to a nice cheese shop to see what the have and try their samples.

Do they ship?
They’re a bit pricey, Carmel is a ritzy town in the Pebble Beach area but:

Some crackers I like with cheese are

Triscuits in different flavors or the original.
Keebler club crackers original and multi grain
Ritz
Wheat thin's
Rye crisps with cream cheese is good too
Great choices.

The ones we treat ourselves to occasionally are either Rustic Bakery or these:

Anyone else here a big fan of cheese like me?

As you know I smoked up 8lbs of pepper jack and extra sharp cheddar back in April. I haven't tried any of it as I do a minimum of 3 months aging to mellow out the smoke flavor in it.

I figure I have over 12lbs of cheese in the fridge right now.

Here are some pictures of a few other cheeses that I have.

View attachment 28503

View attachment 28505

View attachment 28506
Oh ya! We’ve been to Beechers a few times for their Mac n cheese.

About once a month we have wine and cheese night for dinner. Always have a Brie, a blue, usually manchego and a couple others. The kids like that night too!

Oh ya! We’ve been to Beechers a few times for their Mac n cheese.

About once a month we have wine and cheese night for dinner. Always have a Brie, a blue, usually manchego and a couple others. The kids like that night too!

I like Brie a lot too fresh out of the oven is delicious!!

I can eat some blue cheese up too. Seems to be a cheese you love or hate. Haven't found to many that are just ok with it.

I can eat blue cheese just bye itself. Or on a steak, hamburger, salad, French bread.

Try to keep a small container of blue cheese crumbles in the fridge for this.

But the blue cheese from the cheese shop seems to be more creamy.

Oh heck ya. Some blue on a grilled burger. That’s delicious.

I eat copious amounts of cheese! Seriously...I eat more cheese than should be humanly possible! I think it is my superpower!

Mostly I eat what can fit in the budget so it ain't fancy. But man do I like to go to the Under $5.00 bin at Whole Foods and other stores and just pick out things I have never tried.

I am not much of a cracker guy...but if I do...I absolutely love the Rosemary Raisin Crisps from Trader Joes. These are awesome with a soft mellow cheese like a Brie.

1593436877805.png

Another favorite of mine is slicing some really sharp or mature cheddar and have it on sliced apples or pears. Actually, one of my favorite snacks (though my wife calls it a meal) is sliced apples, sharp cheddar and drizzle on a thick balsamic vinegar! Oh...Man...Heaven!!!

I also like a horseradish cheddar...blue cheeses (mostly for complementing dishes), Munster, Emmenthaler, Baby Swiss, and so many more.

A rule of thumb for me is that the stinkier the better!

I love all cheese! From the fake stuff all the way up to the stinkiest blue! And everything in between. It ALL serves a purpose! My go to is sharp cheddar. But there is something special about a munster grilled cheese with tomato soup on the side!

I love cheese. I usually don’t buy anything to exotic or expensive, but I’m always willing to try something new.

I really enjoy putting goat cheese on my homemade pizza!

I had to go on a low iodine diet recently for a couple weeks and the thing I missed most was cheese.

We have a local cheese factory, and they make over 250 different kinds of cheese. I usually stop in there once a year to fill up on samples, lol.

I love cheese. I usually don’t buy anything to exotic or expensive, but I’m always willing to try something new.

I really enjoy putting goat cheese on my homemade pizza!

I had to go on a low iodine diet recently for a couple weeks and the thing I missed most was cheese.

We have a local cheese factory, and they make over 250 different kinds of cheese. I usually stop in there once a year to fill up on samples, lol.

That place is my HEAVEN!!!

This is one of our "local" places. I'm starting to see them out in more and more stores. If you happen to see them where you are, the Mt Tam is awesome.

Back