The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Chad's adventures of shaving, officiating, and life

Well as I've been saying I'm late to the journal party, but here I am now.

Great shaves, reads, and pictures Chad!

Soap commander Honor is one of my favorite Barbershop scents. I never used a Big Ben blade, but the Wilkerson's didn't wow me.

Great news that the PT is working!

Dagwoodz said:
Great set-up today Chad!! not sure what the scent profile is on Chris's money soap, but your AS and EdP I do know and are most excellent!
Thanks Josh

Quijote said:
Nice shave Chad.
Thanks Don
NurseDave said:
You sure jumped on getting a new car soon after you mentioned it. Nice treat for yourself.
Thanks Dave. I have been shopping for about 6 months. Just finally set my mind to making it happen.
Smattayu said:
Great stuff Chad.
Thanks Eric
clyde72 said:
Well as I've been saying I'm late to the journal party, but here I am now.

Great shaves, reads, and pictures Chad!

Soap commander Honor is one of my favorite Barbershop scents. I never used a Big Ben blade, but the Wilkerson's didn't wow me.

Great news that the PT is working!

Thanks Craig

Razor: Rockwell 6S with Plate 5
Blade: Wilkinson Sword German (3)
Soap: CBL Damascus
Brush: Maggard's Synthetic
Aftershave1: T.N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Aftershave2: Gent's Gin

Well Chris this one is awesome! WOW best soap i've used from you yet. Would love to see this with the money scent. My shave was great. And with that shave today I am putting the 6S away tomorrow and using another razor for a little bit. I need to compare and see how good this Rockwell razor actually is.

SOTD

Homefront:

Nothing crazy to report. Had a great day yesterday with our guest speaker. The rain switched to snow yesterday evening, and woke up this morning to about an inch sticking to the ground. Went to mass this morning, and then Costco ugh. I hate going to Costco can never leave there without spending over $100 and today it was $200. Have a good day Cadre!

Nice write-up Chad...great news on the Damascus soap by Chris! I feel your pain on the Costco trip...Sam's Club is the same way for us.

Great shave and picture Chad!

If I get to the check out at Costco, which I go pretty much weekly, and my bill is less that $100, then I start worrying that I've forgotten something(s).

Dagwoodz said:
Nice write-up Chad...great news on the Damascus soap by Chris! I feel your pain on the Costco trip...Sam's Club is the same way for us.

Thanks Josh. Sam's club is a little far for us, which is why we do Costco. Those stores are great and bad all at the same time

DocHoliday0831 said:
Nice entry Chad! This is an awesome setup for sure
Thanks TJ

Quijote said:
Nice. We rarely get out there for under 150.
Same especially when buying diapers.
clyde72 said:
Great shave and picture Chad!

If I get to the check out at Costco, which I go pretty much weekly, and my bill is less that $100, then I start worrying that I've forgotten something(s).

Same here!

Razor: Timeless Razor .68
Blade: Bolzano (1)
Soap: CBL Russian Tea
Brush: Envy Ute Brush
Aftershave2: Canoe

Well had a great shave today. Put the Rockwell away after 18 shaves in a row. And grabbed the Timeless. This is my favorite DE for sure. The Rockwell did not dethrone the Timeless. The Timeless is so comfortable in the hand and just delivers consistent results.

The Russian Tea today was labeled as 1.0 I believe and is his first attempt at this scent. While nice, not a perfect match. The one I'm using tomorrow though... Much closer.

SOTD pic:

Homefront:

Today the Utes basketball team play and they are the only remaining PAC 12 team left in the post season. So whoever the wise guy was playing with my custom title all I say is ha ha. Go Utes!

I like the look of the head on the timeless. Good ole CBL soaps, nice stuff.

NurseDave said:
I like the look of the head on the timeless. Good ole CBL soaps, nice stuff.

Thanks Dave.
Dagwoodz said:
That Timeless looks amazing Chad...nice write up and shave!

Thanks Josh

Razor: Timeless Razor .68
Blade: Bolzano (2)
Soap: CBL Russian Tea 2.0
Brush: Envy Ute Brush
Aftershave2: British Sterling

First off sorry no picture today. But the shave was practically a duplicate of yesterday. Except I used the larger sample of the Russian Tea from Chris. While same performance a much better scent that smells just like Stroppe Shoppe. What a great shave. I'm also falling in love with the Bolzano blade, I might need a 100 pack. I wrapped up the shave with British Sterling. If you don't have this drugstore fragrance you are doing yourself a disservice. Go get it!

Homefront:

Watched the Utes destroy LSU yesterday, and watching NBA games while my Utah Jazz are making a playoff push. If you follow the NBA what the Jazz are doing this season is nothing short of amazing. Spectacular run.

Well the reason I didn't get a pic of shave today is because Sadie is not feeling well. Yesterday with my grandma she threw up and has been running a mild fever. She spent the last two nights in our bed. And last night she literally cuddled up against me and I think just sweat the fever away. We are definitely changing the sheets lol. Good news is she woke up her chipper happy self, and was acting STARVING!!! Screaming pan pan pan. Which means she wants pancakes lol. She kept em down and my opted to go to work and see how she does with grandma today. So fingers are crossed it was a 24 hour bug. She only threw up the once though but this is the girl who I swear can throw up on command. Anyways have a blessed day Cadre.

Cvargo said:
She only threw up the once though but this is the girl who I swear can throw up on command.

This is something I can absolutely relate to...all of the women in my house, (to include the cats), have this ability, and use it often. Frequently, they trigger each other...and it gets ugly quick.

Great shave though...I agree that the Bolzano's are great blades!

LOL This brings to mind images of my brother who has a very low threshold of vomit. I got to watch him try to change a diaper once with his first child. It took him 5 minutes. I wish cell phones had been invented then to record the event as it was completely nuts. I don't think he ever got any better either.

For the record. I would like pancakes as well.

Nice shave if it really happened.

I hope you made enough pancakes for the cadre. You can't just say something like that and leave us craving them all day.

CBL soaps are outstanding. Great stuff Chad, and good to hear that Sadie is feeling better.

Back