The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Chad's adventures of shaving, officiating, and life

CVargo

“Ya… Chris, Dave, It really is my fault"
Owner
Legacy
Well brothers here we are another shaving journal. I like to post stories about my shaving, my officiating adventures, and of course my crazy life. So here we go:

March 15th
Razor: Rockwell 6S with Plate 5
Blade: Big Ben (3)
Soap/cream: Soap Commander Honor
Brush: Envy Shave Ute Brush
Aftershave1: T.N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Aftershave2: Soap Commander Honor

Guys my shave was wonderful. I love the Honor barbershop it is a great barbershop scent with an aquatic note. The blade was just so so and I am glad I only bought a 5 pack of the Big Ben blades, not really great.

SOTD Pic:
Homefront:

I had an appointment today with my physical therapist and I am happy to report I am seeing progress on my Plantar Fascitis, I hope to be back on the field or court soon.

Have a good evening Cadre.

Nice shave Chad! That is one of the scents that has been interesting me from SC beyond the Endurance I already own...and great news on the PF starting to resolve!

DocHoliday0831 said:
I didn’t find the Big Ben blades much to my liking either
Yeah it was fine the first use but got progressively worse. I'll try a doffediff DE with em eventually. I have 4 more blades.

Quijote said:
Glad to hear the PF is getting better.
Still on the road to recovery. But things are looking promising.

Dagwoodz said:
Nice shave Chad! That is one of the scents that has been interesting me from SC beyond the Endurance I already own...and great news on the PF starting to resolve!

Thanks Josh. And the honor is a great scent for sure.

March 15th
Blade: Wilkinson Sword German (1)
Soap/cream: Soap Commander Vision
Brush: Stirling Finest Marble
Aftershave2: Soap Commander Vision

Well today ends my tour of Soap Commander. And not one bad shave. The Vision was my first SC soap I bought and I must be honest I love it! Great scent and great soap. There's about half left.

The German Wilkinson was awesome! Really smooth wonderful shave.

SOTD

Homefront:

I have been so busy at work I opted to take a day off today. I have an oil change scheduled at the dealership as my car also needs the 20k mile tune up. While they do that I am going to test drive a new car that I have been eyeballing and see what I think. And my wife actually gave me the all clear to buy if a deal can be worked out. I have my doubts buy we shall see. We also have an appt to get the Caravan all rigged up in a little over a week to be ready to tow the pop-up trailer we bought. If the rain stops I will try and get the trailer opened up and start working on some maintenance items. The big one is packing the bearings, not a hard job but an important one.

Have a good day Cadre.

Nice way to end with the first soap, Chad! I haven't tried those blades yet, might have to pick up a pack the next order I make....

Wilkinson is my choice for a mild blade. Bet it’s great in an adjustable where it can be made more or less aggressive.

My only experience with Wilkinson's is from a very old tuck in my Dad's kit. It didn't age well. I think you will look great in that Dodge Demon. Very speedy!

Dagwoodz said:
Nice way to end with the first soap, Chad! I haven't tried those blades yet, might have to pick up a pack the next order I make....
Thanks Josh. I like these German ones the Indian ones not so much

NurseDave said:
Wilkinson is my choice for a mild blade. Bet it’s great in an adjustable where it can be made more or less aggressive.

I can see that. I'll try it in some of non adjustables for sure.

Majorrich said:
My only experience with Wilkinson's is from a very old tuck in my Dad's kit. It didn't age well. I think you will look great in that Dodge Demon. Very speedy!
I'm trying to go economical lol

Jzuzphreek said:
What do you officiate?

I referee high school football and high school basketball. I try out for the Big Sky conference for football later this year.
Quijote said:
Nice shave. Wilkinson is one of my top 5.
Thanks Don. I can see this blade becoming a favorite if it performs well in my other razors.

DocHoliday0831 said:
nice shave Chad.

Thanks TJ

Nice shave Chad. I'm still pretty uneducated with regards to DE blades. I found the Astra SP early on, and stopped looking for anything better.

I haven't been able to find how big a trailer a Demon can tow. With that engine, I imagine a whopper! Imagine the looks on the faces of the hitch people when you rumble in to get your hitch installed. LOLOLOL

Smattayu said:
Nice shave Chad. I'm still pretty uneducated with regards to DE blades. I found the Astra SP early on, and stopped looking for anything better.

The Astra's are awesome! Blades are so cheap they are fun to play with.

Majorrich said:
I haven't been able to find how big a trailer a Demon can tow. With that engine, I imagine a whopper! Imagine the looks on the faces of the hitch people when you rumble in to get your hitch installed. LOLOLOL

Lol. We are using the wife's Grand Caravan to tow the trailer. I bought a Hyundai Ioniq. I'll get some pics up later. This is my commuter so I went for gas mileage. I got 58 mpg on the 25 Mile drive home.

Blade: Wilkinson Sword German (2)
Soap: CBL Money
Brush: Razorock Plissoft
Aftershave2: Asylum Royal Fougere
Cologne: Asylum Royal Fougere

Well now I am going to go through my CBL soaps. Up first is the Money. This is new and smells amazing love it. I will be honest though didn't make as thick of lather as your other soaps. But smells amazing. The soap was crazy slick though. Post shave was also good. I got a nice BBS today. Thanks Chris.

Sotd

Homefront:

Today is a busy day I'm on my way to the airport to pick up Terry Barber who is our guest speaker at our church today. I have been coordinating this for about 9 months and am glad it's finally here. Needless to say I'm way behind. It's raining to so new pic of the new car yet. But soon. I'll catch up this evening on all the journals, posts, and Facebook suggestions. Have a good day Cadre

Great set-up today Chad!! not sure what the scent profile is on Chris's money soap, but your AS and EdP I do know and are most excellent!

You sure jumped on getting a new car soon after you mentioned it. Nice treat for yourself.

Back