The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Chad's adventures of shaving, officiating, and life

I was on youtube once, at a Pirates baseball game, when our leadoff batter (Polanco) hit the first pitch from C Kershaw out of the park to break up some record of consecutive hitless innings. Two sons & I were at the game, and our bleachers stood as one to watch the ball leave the park. It was an ESPN highlight.

Well update time.

Shaves are going well, the Hombes maybe has 2 to 3 weeks left on it.

We are gearing up for Christmas and the house is feeling festive.

A couple weeks back I worked my first State Championship Football game.

IMG_3093~2.jpgIMG_20231112_082523.jpg20231111_105850.jpg

Then we went to Georgia for my brothers wedding. Airplane ride with 3 kids is no joke!

IMG_20231123_084548.jpg20231116_142457.jpg20231116_142508.jpg

Then of course right before Georgia, in Georgia, and sense being home up through Thanksgiving bronchitis has gone through the house. But we are all pretty much doing better.

Basketball season has started and I've worked about 8 varsity games thus far. Some new rules have really changed the game of HS basketball for the better really enjoying the season thus far. We also got our first significant snow of the season. What should have taken 45 min to drive home ended up taking 2 hours due to the storm. It was a doozy. Now I sit with coffee after shoveling my drive way, could've used the snowblower but opted for the exercise this morning. The first few snows of winter are usually very light in nature and this was no different.

Now sadly the bad news. I've worked with my company for 16 years. Assisted in entering a new product and portfolio ten years ago and have worked on that portfolio in risk and compliance for those ten years. Well this week the board decided to leave the business and sell the portfolio. Which mean though 2024 some 6k employees will be laid off. I am on a retention plan bonus to stay through the sale, and also being offered a very nice severance. But it's sad to see this happen. I have come to terms my 16 year career is coming to an end here and I'm prepared to use this money and start fresh. Everything is on the table including moving out of Utah. The kids are young enough that this could be a good thing and a fresh start for the family. So if anyone knows of anything feel free to reach out. I have an MBA, and lots of compliance and risk background. I've also managed teams as large as 800 and from around the country. My main legal knowledge is banking and lending.

Hope the Cadre is well.

Sorry to hear your time put in isn’t being given it’s full due. Very glad you’re staying positive about it! With that much quality experience under your belt and still being a young man, I’m sure you’ll be able to land something new and exciting quickly!

Great job Chad!

Back