The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Brew's Foul Concoction

Sadly without drinking I struggle to remember what I did last night...
yeah, the cops are pretty good about pinning notes to your shirt these days and uber issues electronic receipts with tracking details so there is a pretty solid record.

This month starts my 10th year since my last drink. I don't miss it, or wondering what I did last night, or how I got home, etc.

Stay safe, guys, as best you can.
Congrats Larry how is that Tudor treating you, Last time we talked you just bought it

Good job! And you did it one day at a time. Here's to your continued success!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Congrats Larry how is that Tudor treating you, Last time we talked you just bought it
Hi Dave. I think it's a beautiful watch, maybe the prettiest dial/bezel combo Rolex/Tudor makes. But it's a very big watch (43mm and 13mm tall), and I tend to wear smaller pieces these days.

Hope you and yours have been well.

This month starts my 10th year since my last drink. I don't miss it, or wondering what I did last night, or how I got home, etc.

Stay safe, guys, as best you can.

Congratulations Larry, that’s an awesome milestone.

Ran with the dog for the first time in quite a while. It's really hard to get out running during the early Spring here. When I was younger, 40* drizzles were unpleasant, but didn't stop me from going out. Now: Pass! It was warm and dry this morning, and I'm felling guilty about my Covid-19 (lbs.), so we went. Wow that felt . . . . just like I thought it would. Oy. The dog was glad to get out, though, and I returned to an excellent TOG shave. Hopefully I won't be too sore to go again tomorrow. I'd like to see my toes again . . . .

I'm not a huge g-shock fan. I've always found setting them and using their functions via the little fiddly buttons annoying. But when I learned they have one now that can be controlled from an app on your phone via bluetooth, and is swimmable to boot, well I couldn't resist. Besides the watches I have been swimming with have been giving firm indication that they may no longer be seen with me in a speedo. Frankly, given my Covid-19 (lbs.), I don't blame them . . . .

1589232978888.png

Now I just need to get the pandemic stuff to go away, so they can open the pool.

Wait a minute, you get our your phone (which has a clock on it, alarms, stop watch, altimeter, and you can order pizza) to control your watch... :unsure:

Back