The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bingo Game #58: Big Game #58 Bingo

The average amount of time the football is live in a given NFL game is roughly 12 min! TV has to fill the other 3 hours with something.
Is that why they always show the refs standing around....not doing anything?

Is that why they always show the refs standing around....not doing anything?
You don't watch a lot of football do you?

They only purposely film the white hat, a referee being yelled at by a coach, or when a referee gets hit.

Just thought of another way to shoot myself in the foot;

Squares that rely on our players performing an action while the Big Bowl is playing.
“BDave complains about something”
“KJ challenges a call”

They would have to appear on all cards but their own and they wouldn’t know that their actions were actually a call until after it happens.

You don't watch a lot of football do you?

They only purposely film the white hat, a referee being yelled at by a coach, or when a referee gets hit.
As officials we don't want the focus on us. Our goal is to enforce the rules not steal the show. As an example yesterday in my basketball game I officiated, I had 3 calls back to back within 40 sec of game time. In that moment while I agreed with all my calls and felt they were right. The appearance of me inserting myself into the game could be perceived. So as a crew I forced a rotation to ensure that a different official was now in the area I was in.

The best game from an official standpoint is when everyone agrees players, coaches, fans, and officials that the players determined the outcome of the game.
Players do this by playing by the rules, and no extra-curriculars
Coaches do this by not getting unnecessary calls such as unsporting, technicals, etc
Fans stay fans and don't interfere with the game
Officials keep short term memory on interactions with all the above. Don't hold grudges and stay truly neutral. The worst partner is someone at a stoppage says to the crew I'm looking to get #5!

Alright......

LAST CALL!!!

I'm sending out cards shortly.

Well dang it, I'm hosed. At least one my mine is something that doesn't happen until near the end of the game.

Okay here's a serious question.... So first of all we have to match the pattern , right , but what if the mandatory pattern contains calls that would be a billion to one chance of happening ? Some things that would happen in like the first 10 seconds of a game ? If they don't happen , does that mean that the player is just out of luck ??

Okay here's a serious question.... So first of all we have to match the pattern , right , but what if the mandatory pattern contains calls that would be a billion to one chance of happening ? Some things that would happen in like the first 10 seconds of a game ? If they don't happen , does that mean that the player is just out of luck ??
See my post above. You would then proverbially be hosed.

I anticipated this.....in the event that we don't have a winner by the end of the game.....I will just start calling things that did not get called.

Besides its not completely out of the realm that it won't happen

Ok, I have 2 legit questions @heysi :

1) “Announcers mispronounce Nevada”
What pronunciation is correct? Help a New Yorker out here.

2) “Athlete “acts””
Do you mean during a play, like is barely touched but falls down dramatically a la soccer? Or like actor in a show/advertisement?

I hope he added the rarest play in football! Which I am pretty sure has NEVER happened in a super bowl. The play you ask? Free kick after fair catch. It's a goal of mine to officiate that play once in my career.

I hope he added the rarest play in football! Which I am pretty sure has NEVER happened in a super bowl. The play you ask? Free kick after fair catch. It's a goal of mine to officiate that play once in my career.
Meaning you can fair catch a punt and then kick it back to the other team?

Back