The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bingo Game #58: Big Game #58 Bingo

heysi

“I like Glitter Covered Tortilla Chips”
Concierge
Bingo Game #58

Big Game #58 Bingo!!!!

Welcome to Big Game Bingo (All legal inquiries will be referred to the legal department......but they'll be busy watching the Big Game as well)

This game will be a football square game between all the players, with me acting as a moderator/referee rather than a caller.

How this will work: NOTE: EDITED FOR CLARIFICATION

Sign-ups start today.

I will send out a card to each player by friday February 9th 2024.

Each card will have random things that may happen during the course of the Big Game #58. *EDIT* because some people are sticklers and big pains .....this rule has been amended. First one to cover the correct pattern...wins.

Totally simple, not much chance of the caller being attacked since, really, the caller in this game is the Big Game.

Gameplay is as follows:

1. I will post here in this forum when the game begins.....That way people living on the East Coast (I'm looking at you @Fenster ) can't say that they saw something happen during a pre-game show and that it should count. Anything after I say the game has started....counts. I will be watching the whole game and the half time show.
  2. All of the calls should be obvious......I will post them here as I see them. You need only mark them on your card.
  3. Once you have the following pattern covered.....you win!!

1707085650253.png

Seems pretty simple.

If...by some chance the Big Game ends and no one has covered the pattern...I will post random calls until we have a winner.

The rules are as follows:

1. Sign-ups are open starting right now. Due to the nature of the gameplay, no late entrants will be allowed.

2. You must be a TSC member in good standing, with at least 10 meaningful posts. Hopefully this will encourage at least some of our newer members to jump in!

3. Spirited banter is highly encouraged, but be a gentleman in all interactions.

4. Calls will be events that may happen during the Big Game #58 (broadcast on national television on Sunday February 11th 2024), during the half time show, or during the commercials between the broadcast.

5. Calls will be clearly recognizable and occur during the broadcast of the Big Game #58.

6. Bingo cards: Each player will receive 1 Card, which will be sent via PM before the game begins. You may print out your cards, or keep it digital. As calls are received mark them on your cards.

7. The winner will need to post "TSC BINGO" in this forum to stop play. The first one to post "TSC BINGO" will be the winner (upon confirmation) They will need to post a photo of their card so that I can confirm the Bingo and declare a winner. No ties.

8. The winner of this game will receive the following:

The highly coveted Bingo Wizard Badge and bragging rights!

The honor of being the caller of the next Bingo game (to be started within 4 weeks of winning--no bogarting the badge!).

An additional prize may be offered at the discretion of the caller (callers are not required to offer a prize). See below for more on prizes this game.

9. These rules must be posted by the caller before each game, edited for the specifics of their game.

10. If you have any questions, or if any rule needs clarification, let the caller know. The caller has the final say in any questions, disputes, or clarifications regarding calls/rules.

11. Have Fun! Or, Go Crazy! But..... Why Not Both??

Last edited:
Bingo Game 58

Caller: Heysi

———————————-
1. EMG06

Fun! Can’t wait to see the call list, or at least the portion that’s on my card. Looking forward to the game…. And of course the Chief’s game!

Bingo Game 58

Caller: Heysi

———————————-
1. EMG06
2. Spider

All of the calls should be obvious......if there's any confusion.....I will attempt to sort out the confusion and rule fairly. Keep in mind that during this "play under review"....I may be missing another call and the game will spiral into chaos....keep the player challenges at a minimum and the game will go smoothly and the rest of the players won't want to attack you.
I like this bit. Gives all of us a red challenge flag to throw.
Plus we don’t have a limit to the number, unlike those NFL head coaches

@BarberDave now you have to watch the game!

———————————-
1. EMG06
2. Spider
3. NurseDave

I have tickets to a basketball game and will not be watching the super bowl (5th year in a row) so I'll pass.

I have tickets to a basketball game and will not be watching the super bowl (5th year in a row) so I'll pass.
Just another excuse for Chad to not participate in another Bingo game….

Great.....the only football rules expert that I know and he's not going to play??? At least he could weigh in on the red flag challenges as they come in. What good is having a Chad if he's never available to use?

99 million Americans watch the NFL big game annually (it’s estimated), but here on the cadre it’s just 3 of us?

Even if you don’t like football, this will add excitement to the game. Like gambling without any actual money being wagered or lost.

I know a few others who are likely to be watching the game:

@GearNoir @Graybeard57 @woodpusher

Come join us!

Just another excuse for Chad to not participate in another Bingo game….
Hey now! I have played the last 4 games.
Great.....the only football rules expert that I know and he's not going to play??? At least he could weigh in on the red flag challenges as they come in. What good is having a Chad if he's never available to use?
I do know the SJ in the game. He is getting his first Super Bowl. So I plan to watch the film study of the game on Monday.

@BarberDave now you have to watch the game!

———————————-
1. EMG06
2. Spider
3. NurseDave
4. BarberDave ( in protest ) and will play as I do Greyhound racing and Sumo. Whoever takes a dump gets my bet

Since I am being coerced by @NurseDave into having to watch the most un-interesting Super Bowl in history with 2 National Anthems???? really?

However to be supportive of @heysi I will sacrifice my Sunday of Cigars to now include this. @NurseDave needs to provide Chicken wings, mini tacos, and Mountain Dew!

Since I am being coerced by @NurseDave into having to watch the most un-interesting Super Bowl in history with 2 National Anthems???? really?

However to be supportive of @heysi I will sacrifice my Sunday of Cigars to now include this. @NurseDave needs to provide Chicken wings, mini tacos, and Mountain Dew!
You have my undying love.

Yay Football!

———————————-
1. EMG06
2. Spider
3. NurseDave
4. BarberDave ( in protest ) and will play as I do Greyhound racing and Sumo. Whoever takes a dump gets my bet
5. Ambalance

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

With this few people....and with the unusual calls....I'm not sure if this will be a quick game or a very long game. Of course.....its going to start and end on the same day....so it will still be one of the shorter games.

Back