The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bingo Game #46: Christmas Trivia Bingo

One, found in the Dwight D. Eisenhower Presidential Library, was Ike’s special favorite around holiday time. Archived in the Presidential Papers under “Beverages,” President Eisenhower kept a declassified recipe for bourbon eggnog.

It says it is not certain, BUT George Washington’s Eggnog Recipe is purported to be from our first president . This though Is the answer I think our wizard Wants
So is this Washington’s recipe in his own hand? Although widely circulated as being true, it’s doubtful. We contacted the librarians at Mount Vernon who said that no eggnog recipe has been definitively linked to Washington. It did not come from George or Martha Washington’s papers, or Martha Washington’s cookbook.
However, the eggnog recipe above is a true vintage recipe; it just comes from the 19th century. George Washington (1732–99) lived in the 18th century.

Only 1 on that whole run. 6more to win….. I might as well be on Uranus🤪🤪🤪😳😳

Wow, it looks like I channeled @Majorrich for a moment there

Well upon further checking there is a THIRD !!!!!!!!!!!!
It appears there were A LOT of Drunk Presidents !!!!
GENERAL HARRISON’S EGG NOG

The favorite beverage of the ninth President of the United States William “Old Tippecanoe” Harrison,

Will you do me a favor?....stop dark-googling my lightly researched trivia questions! I'm trying to lift up the holiday spirit in all the bingo players. You're the Grinch.
I wanted to use 2 emojis but we can only use 1... I wanted the love AND the lmao one for this reply from you !!!!!!!!!!!

Ok...since there was (at least as far as the publication of this reply) 3 Presidents that had "famous" egg nog recipes (BTW, I qualifed my answer by pointing out that I have a copy of the recipe....not that it was the only presidential recipe....sheesh...try to give out bonus calls and people try to stop you with "facts")...I'll give out 3 more numbers:

O75
G58
G56

....there, now is everyone feeling the Christmas spirit????

Ok...since there was (at least as far as the publication of this reply) 3 Presidents that had "famous" egg nog recipes
Coincidently - I found 43 other presidential recipes. All were pretty famous since they were from presidents.

there, now is everyone feeling the Christmas spirit????
If they aren’t on my card where they count - ummm no. Ba humbug

Coincidently - I found 43 other presidential recipes. All were pretty famous since they were from presidents.

If they aren’t on my card where they count - ummm no. Ba humbug
Like i said There WERE / ARE a bunch of Drunk Presidents !!!

Back