The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bingo Game #44 : Battleship x Bingo

Ok folks.

You’ve seen the celebrity endorsement [skip to 09:21].
(Fine, fine it’s maybe more of a vague somewhat confused description of the upcoming game than an endorsement).

Now come play the game! Sign ups still open as long as you can get your card back to me by Monday morning before the first shots are fired!

Last edited:
Ok folks. The countdown is on. We have less than 36 hours to go until the first shots are fired on Monday Morning. I have gotten cards back from everyone but @Fenster

I’ve decided to make 1 rule change, which shouldn’t make a huge difference. Rather than putting up a “you may fire when ready” post each morning, I’ll put up a post like that in the evening after posting the result of the day’s calls. This will allow people closer to 24 hours to post a call rather than just a 9 hour window.

There is still a little time to sign up if you’re interested!

The first calls will be Tomorrow: Monday October 17th.

Daily gameplay is as follows:

1. The first morning, I will post announcement saying that it is time to make calls. (On subsequent days, I will post this announcement in the evenings after showing everyone the outcome of the day)
  2. You, the players, have the opportunity to post a valid standard American Bingo Hall bingo call (1-75) in the official bingo thread. You may only make 1 call a day. Once that call is posted, it cannot be altered if it is outside of the normal editing window. If you list a second call, I will only honor your first call in this thread. There will be no recaps. An invalid call or repeat call will be a lost opportunity for the player who made that call (i.e. I am not giving you a do-over if you mess up).
  3. Near the end of the day (I’m thinking about 9pm Eastern most nights), I will post again saying that the window for making a call for that day is now over.
  4. The number of calls in any given day will be equal to the number of players still in the game. If a player does not post a call within the wide calling window (which will be a little under 24 hours), I will make one on their behalf using a predetermined set of bingo calls that has already been run (I will pick the next number off that list that hasn’t been used already).
  5. Calls will be collected and posted in a fixed order at the end of the day (in case timing matters towards the end of the game). Each day the player making the “official first call” will change (for example Day 1 order is A,B,C,D; Day 2 B,C,D,A; Day 3 C,D,A,B; Day 4 D,A,B,C; Day 5 A,B,C,D). So it doesn’t matter what time you post your call on the thread, just your call position within the larger group for that day.
  6. At the end of each day, I will post up a picture of everyone’s cards with the hits/misses marked in the following manner
(Card 13 is the card I’m using for an example:

The Bingo Wizard has your secret patterns saved.
C4AED3CE-D3A7-4881-88C0-A6F824F7E009.jpeg

You the players will initially see this:
EF1DA87B-2CDB-4E01-9E2B-B49E3D63BD57.png

Now imagine that during the course of the play for the day the following 6 calls are made:
N42
N40
B12
B11
O64
G49

At the end of the day I’ll post up the calls and the results of those calls on everyone’s cards as follows
Red = Hit
Gray = Miss
507CDAA2-E222-4D63-AE79-40A4A13AB577.jpeg

Winning and Losing:

If all 3 of your vessels are sunk, you are out of the running to win and can no longer make a daily call.

2 ways to win:

1. Be the last player standing with a floating boat.
  2. Have all of your blank spaces filled while still having at least 1 floating boat.

Ok. Here is the initial collection of Bingo Cards presented in no particular order so you can start planning your calls:

C3ECEB31-3530-47FF-9954-60B4F2B71843.png
7D2E2F1D-DE4D-452F-A2B0-3E9E17D4B79A.pngC88ECAA3-FC4F-49F9-80BF-A39DD34ED935.png8F0A1ACE-F05B-416A-A772-0373A7A17459.png5F84758D-D356-4BE6-AF5F-CC54A946BDB6.png0EE2E6CD-8263-4666-9102-34ECAD3C4B56.png220A5CB4-B5BF-48EF-8624-EE883BBECA27.pngF8DACAF7-C732-4D12-939B-8739FB36E79B.png1256FECC-39B7-4A00-9392-0752E010AAE5.png

Sounds great. I should probably look back at my messages to make sure I'm not taking a shot at my card.

Sounds great. I should probably look back at my messages to make sure I'm not taking a shot at my card.
I guess other players could bait each other into making bad calls, but I’m going to be looking for a clearly posted call in this thread from each player daily. It should be hard to make an accidental call

I just realized something.. 1st we have 9 players , so it is feasible that someone could be knocked out on the 1st day ... That would be extremely unlucky and it's extremely unlikely , but could happen .

Back