The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bingo Game #38 - The Hunt for the White Whale

In white elephant, the first person to choose gets the advantage of getting to steal any gift at the end, because they were the only one who never had the option of a steal.
Oh I see what you mean now šŸ‘

So, I assume you will not be calling any "N" calls, correct?

So, I assume you will not be calling any "N" calls, correct?
Iā€™ve been toying with the idea of not giving a free space so the N calls may be in play if Captain Ahab takes us down that route. Weā€™ll see how many sign up and what Iā€™ll need to do to keep it competitive and interesting

Iā€™ve been toying with the idea of not giving a free space
The clear precedent for the existence of a free space on our cards has already been demonstrated in your opening post with the example of the winning pattern.

Copy/Paste:
Bingo Game #38 Signups:
CALLER: EMG06 (Eric the Bingo Wizard)
1. NurseDave
2. Scuttlesoap
3. GearNoir
4. Jaro1069
5. Spider
6. Milkcrate
7. Heysi
8. dangerousdon
9. Quijote

The clear precedent for the existence of a free space on our cards has already been demonstrated in your opening post with the example of the winning pattern.
Ok constableā€¦ here on land Iā€™ll respect your jurisdiction. Just remember that once we get out on the high seas in international waters, the Captainā€™s word is the law.

Also, to be clear. This is a zoomed in image of what I posted :

53C9EC8F-1390-4227-940E-5FC8C06EF581.jpegWhile your brain may have filled in the word ā€œFree Spaceā€. All you can see are ā€œFe.ā€

This square in the center of the grid could just as well stand for my cold hard heart of black iron.

Ok constableā€¦ here on land Iā€™ll respect your jurisdiction. Just remember that once we get out on the high seas in international waters, the Captainā€™s word is the law.
Just to be clear. My "title" of constable does not give me any jurisdiction in the land of bingo. You are captain of this ship and as such have final say in all disputes. (See rule #11) I was merely voicing my opinion as a concerned crewmate, and also being overly pedantic to help incite mutinous ideas into the rest of the crew. I want to be sure that every one is thinking ahead and packing their pitchforks, so they are handy once we are underway. You don't want to be stuck at sea and not have access to your pitchfork, once the need arises!

Don't hate the player, hate the game..... and besides, I'm trying to help you guys!!!

I know I should be attacking the Bingo Wizard and not my fellow bingo compatriots, but until he rules on the two free spaces for former Bingo Kings - I will refrain

But if he doesnā€™t rule in my favorā€¦..

1640723624734.gif

I think history shows that it takes very little provocation to rile this crew in to all out mutiny.
Yes. Iā€™m frankly surprised that my slight change of format this game hasnā€™t brought out more ire from the crew.
Perhaps youā€™ve all been kept at bay by the Spirit of Christmas Ć  la Dwight?

Happy New Year Cadre!

Bingo cards will be sent to all players who have signed up this weekend.

If you havenā€™t signed up yet, donā€™t fret :
We set sail on Monday January 3, 2022.

There is still time to sign up!

Make playing more Bingo your New Yearā€™s Resolution!

Ok players. The bingo cards have been sent out to those who are already signed up. I used a random number generator to assign each of you a card, so don't be concerned if the card you got has nothing to do with the order in which you signed up.

Get a good night's sleep (perhaps sharing your bunk with a harpooner from the South Seas). We set sail in the morning.

Back