The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bill TV

They make it in red too. 😎
Ya I will “slum” it a bit and buy this from such a crappy razor making company as the “authority” has kindly warned us inexperienced straight razor folk. Hahahahaha

Ya I will “slum” it a bit and buy this from such a crappy razor making company as the “authority” has kindly warned us inexperienced straight razor folk. Hahahahaha
Have the owner hone it. You may like his work better than mine. I can always retouch it for you if that is your preference.

Sorry for the trouble with that bottle. Not sure how that could've happened. It's been on my shelf for likely a year, or more. Possibly it was there the whole time, and just never got squeezed and the negative pressure held it all in?

Either way, decant that into a glass bottle! Empty a hot sauce bottle or something. And it you fill the old bottle with some near boiling water, that label will come right off to transfer it over.

Sorry for the trouble with that bottle. Not sure how that could've happened. It's been on my shelf for likely a year, or more. Possibly it was there the whole time, and just never got squeezed and the negative pressure held it all in?

Either way, decant that into a glass bottle! Empty a hot sauce bottle or something. And it you fill the old bottle with some near boiling water, that label will come right off to transfer it over.
No biggie on the leak, almost no loss, and not your fault. It was a pinhole right at a seam on the corner. Easy to see how a bit of bump and jostle could have caused it.
Do you recommend a glass decant over another plastic bottle?

No biggie on the leak, almost no loss, and not your fault. It was a pinhole right at a seam on the corner. Easy to see how a bit of bump and jostle could have caused it.
Do you recommend a glass decant over another plastic bottle?
Yes, the glass will help it off-gas anything the liquid may have absorbed from the plastic.

Bill, excellent shave and monologue.

I too have noticed a decline in apparent interest in sr shaving based on the number on folks making videos. The group making shaving videos seven years ago is different than the group today. Todays group seem fewer than in the past. JMO. Additionally, wet shaving likely will not rise to the popularity of cartridges for reasons enumerated by JT in the YT comment.

We few, we precious few, we band of brothers, will always be the novelty. My last video has the Alabama fella coming in watching, conversing. Whenever I sr shave in a public restroom people stare. I don’t mind being the novelty.

Bill, excellent shave and monologue.

I too have noticed a decline in apparent interest in sr shaving based on the number on folks making videos. The group making shaving videos seven years ago is different than the group today. Todays group seem fewer than in the past. JMO. Additionally, wet shaving likely will not rise to the popularity of cartridges for reasons enumerated by JT in the YT comment.

We few, we precious few, we band of brothers, will always be the novelty. My last video has the Alabama fella coming in watching, conversing. Whenever I sr shave in a public restroom people stare. I don’t mind being the novelty.
I am seeing the exact opposite from the business side and the youtube side with an increase in viewership of the learning vids, at least on my channel. In the last year alone not only have we seen an increase in Excitement for the Traditional Shaving but at least 20 folks, although that may seem small by Global standard, it is huge in folks taking the leap in SR Shaving. I would also not call it a "Novelty", but more the true tradtionalists, and most folks I have met, both in person, in the shop and here make me believe we are growing, as is the traditional form of Shaving. We can thank Gillette in a large way, as pricing keeps increasing folks are looking for alternatives.

Conversely in the shop Gentlemen who hated shaving and treated it as a chore, are now excited to get straight shaves, and even jumping in and testing the waters with DE's . Our job is to be educator to show the younger Gens of the benefit

Wouldn't you agree?

Back