The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bill TV

I always wonder about the modern popularity with those choosing to sport massive amounts of facial hair and will they ever make the change.
A paradigm shift in styles there could change things for sure.

Had the situation I described in the vid with my brother been different and he would have liked and kept the Supply Razor I gifted to him, the transition for him to a hobbyist shaver would still have been highly unlikely.

In my time in traditional shaving, I recall many who started in the similar timeframe but fail to observe a repeating pattern. Not to say it doesn’t exist, I just have not seen it.

I have had a number of ‘outsider folks’ that I loaned, gave, or purchased shave gear for after discussing my hobby with them. Not a single one ever did more than a test drive with it.

These days, I normally would just tell people that I collect, sharpen and use old style and modern renditions of traditional shaving gear.
Anyone who shows further interest I’ll gladly help, I just haven’t seen them.

What ever is, is exactly that. Won’t change a thing for me. I enjoy what I do and the friends with similar interests that feel the same way.

I always wonder about the modern popularity with those choosing to sport massive amounts of facial hair and will they ever make the change.
A paradigm shift in styles there could change things for sure.

Had the situation I described in the vid with my brother been different and he would have liked and kept the Supply Razor I gifted to him, the transition for him to a hobbyist shaver would still have been highly unlikely.

In my time in traditional shaving, I recall many who started in the similar timeframe but fail to observe a repeating pattern. Not to say it doesn’t exist, I just have not seen it.

I have had a number of ‘outsider folks’ that I loaned, gave, or purchased shave gear for after discussing my hobby with them. Not a single one ever did more than a test drive with it.

These days, I normally would just tell people that I collect, sharpen and use old style and modern renditions of traditional shaving gear.
Anyone who shows further interest I’ll gladly help, I just haven’t seen them.

What ever is, is exactly that. Won’t change a thing for me. I enjoy what I do and the friends with similar interests that feel the same way.
Ditto.

Back