The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

beginish’s Eye on a Splintered Mind

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.'" -Fred Rogers

His son was an RN at a hospital here. I worked there at the time, but didn't know him. Word was he was a good guy and a good nurse.

Many of you have been around long enough to remember when Penhaligon’s reformulated to a veggie recipe, removing the tallow. Old tallow first Pen’s soaps were legendary. Sartorial was created to replace English Fern in the line up as I recall, and there was great fear that the reformulation would ruin a great soap.

After a couple of weeks with Sartorial now, I’m happy to report that it’s a decent soap, and has none of the lathering issues I had with that puck of Musgo. Scent is great and I’m enjoying the shaves again.

Happy New Year, Bob!

In a few months, your young'un (not so young anymore) will be gradumacating and beginning the big adventure of life as an adult?

Happy New Year, Bob!

In a few months, your young'un (not so young anymore) will be gradumacating and beginning the big adventure of life as an adult?

Indeed and she’s getting a proper Canadian winter for her last semester. The craziness that accompanied her first year (handing her off to a car service at the Canadian border because I was not allowed in) to college in the first years of the pandemic, followed by a return to normalcy, and FINALLY, a regular college year. I’m so proud to say that all of her hard work has paid off and she’ll be going to Harvard for grad school next year.

And then you have sad days too.

RIP to my cat who died today. Lived with diabetes for a few years only to go rapidly downhill in the last 36 hours. We adopted her at 7 months and she lived with us for 14 years. Goodbye, Miss Cat.

IMG_3015.jpeg

Back