The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Barbershop scents

Great advice. Vigaroso for the win.
I had actually been looking into buying one of them. Looks like vigaroso is going on the buy list.
Correction.. When I replied to this last night on my phone I didn't realize both "vigaroso" and "suave" were both the Spanish made versions (didn't have my glasses on).. FTR I do NOT have nor have I ever tried the "suave" version. It may smell identical to the vigroso splash. The only difference is the vigaroso has a stronger menthol kick.

However I can say that the vigaroso version smells like the old Floid. Not the weaker version that's out now. If it's in this bottle, avoid it:

Floid-Amber-After-Shave-The-Genuine-400ml-Glass-Bottle-1.jpg

Last edited:
I thought that I had made it through all of the samples that @bentheduck sent to me, but this morning I discovered that I had not used Oleo Soapworks No.11. Wow, I almost missed the best of the bunch. Up until my newest discovery, I thought that either Two Bits or Key Lime Barbershop was going to be the winner and worthy of my next soap and splash purchase. After using No.11 this morning, that has changed. The lather was the best of all the samples, the scent is really nice and clean, and the shave slickness and performance is top notch. This is hands down the 🏁Winner 🏁. Now this brings up another issue, a new (to me) artisan with more great scent choices 🕳🐇 .

I am really grateful that @bentheduck sent me such a wide variety of 💈scents to try. I also learned that I really do not care for bay rum scented shaving soaps. My next venture in the shaving soap scent quest is going to be Lime/Lemon/Citrus scents. I already have my eye on Pucker from Oleo and Fresh Lime from CBL.

I thought that I had made it through all of the samples that @bentheduck sent to me, but this morning I discovered that I had not used Oleo Soapworks No.11. Wow, I almost missed the best of the bunch. Up until my newest discovery, I thought that either Two Bits or Key Lime Barbershop was going to be the winner and worthy of my next soap and splash purchase. After using No.11 this morning, that has changed. The lather was the best of all the samples, the scent is really nice and clean, and the shave slickness and performance is top notch. This is hands down the 🏁Winner 🏁. Now this brings up another issue, a new (to me) artisan with more great scent choices 🕳🐇 .

I am really grateful that @bentheduck sent me such a wide variety of 💈scents to try. I also learned that I really do not care for bay rum scented shaving soaps. My next venture in the shaving soap scent quest is going to be Lime/Lemon/Citrus scents. I already have my eye on Pucker from Oleo and Fresh Lime from CBL.
I used Oleo No. 11 last night for the first time and I agree that it is fantastic. The splash initially has some brighter notes to my nose when first applied and left my face feeling soothed and hydrated more than I am used to with an alcohol based AS. Good stuff indeed!

Dude. It's hard to say No 11 is my favorite of the bunch because of how many of them I love, but it's definitely up there in my books. I can vouch for CBL Ghost Lime, which was a custom order when I asked, but he has made it in the past. It's awesome with a great lime scent and a subtle cooling effect. I'll have to look through my stuff when I get home to remember what other citrus type scents I have stored away.

I used Oleo No. 11 last night for the first time and I agree that it is fantastic. The splash initially has some brighter notes to my nose when first applied and left my face feeling soothed and hydrated more than I am used to with an alcohol based AS. Good stuff indeed!
I have not used the splash, but I am really interested in it after using the soap.

Inbound from Maggard Razors:
ZINGARI MAN "The Wanderer"

Zingari Man - "We are calling this “Wanderer” because of the pride and uplifting feeling you get after being manicured, trimmed up, polished and made debonair again by a barber after wandering, to become a well-kept wanderer once again."

I can't seem to get enough of the ZM Sego base soaps!
I have (and thoroughly enjoy) "The Soloist" and "The Nomad"

This is my 1st actual "Barbershop" scent!

1589458499909.png1589458517886.png

This is my 1st actual "Barbershop" scent!

I just tried this soap last night for the first time, and really like it a lot. I'd never used the Sego Base before, and I'm really impressed with it. I loaded quickly, and loves water. The scent is really great as well. I hope you enjoy it!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I used an entire sample, about five shaves, of the Sego Magician and I'll be frank in that I think A&E & B&M have better slickness. Just my 2 cents.

I just tried this soap last night for the first time, and really like it a lot. I'd never used the Sego Base before, and I'm really impressed with it. I loaded quickly, and loves water. The scent is really great as well. I hope you enjoy it!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Frank have you tried B&M Seville, and if so, is this scent similar to it?

Back