The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Barberless World

I'm thinking of getting a helper monkey to shave the back part. Then he can also help with a few other chores around the house.

That reminds me of a story an ol' retired Navy Commander told me once ages ago. "Son, there's only one thing worse than waking up in the morning in a hammock with a monkey after a hard night of drinkin' and that's if the monkey's smilin'!!! :oops:

;)

I've been cutting my hair for a decade and a half. I started doing it to save money in the early years of marriage and never looked back. It's not hard gents. I do have my wife do the back though. I've gotten dirty looks and comments from people wondering how my short hair cut keeps looking so trim :LOL: You can also sharpen the shaver blades too and keep on a shaving until the clippers die on you. I'm only on my second pair of Wahl clippers in all those years. If you get the sized blade inserts you get to know which ones work well.

My wife has been clipping my head for over 5 years, as well as our boys. I think we are on the 3rd set of clippers but I can only imagine how much cash I’ve saved.... now only if I can talk the wife into letting me clip her hair.... on second thought, no, the salon fee every 6 -8 months is worth it!

I've cut my wife's hair before and it turned out pretty good. Times were really hard and we didn't have the money so I reluctantly did it. I even used thinning shears to give it some body.

I have been cutting my own hair for about 6 weeks. Its certainly is a learning process. I am furtunate to have thick hair that grows quickly. For years I have been watching how the barber cuts my hair. Since I moved 2 years ago I have tried several different barbers and finally settled on a very nice lady in one of those chain cutterys. I bought a cheap Remington clipper from Walmart. I have tried to mimick the barber with mixed results. I am getting there. Now I trim and cut my hair every two weeks. I noticed since the barber shops have re opened that you have to wait in line outside as the shop can only handle 4 people at a time. Eventually and hopefully that will change but for now I will keep doing my own thing.

My wife has been clipping my head for over 5 years, as well as our boys. I think we are on the 3rd set of clippers but I can only imagine how much cash I’ve saved.... now only if I can talk the wife into letting me clip her hair.... on second thought, no, the salon fee every 6 -8 months is worth it!
AND it has actually happened .... the wife asked if I would help trim her hair this weekend. Say a prayer (or two thousand) for me gentlemen 😫

Back