The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaves & Such

I can't believe you're already up and around Dave. Back surgery has really come a long way.
Thank you. It certainly has. On all my previous excursions into spinal re-arrangment, it always was a multli-hour surgery followed by days in the hospital and then home time followed by PT and a slow return back to normalcy. Not to mention the 6 to 8 inch scars. Even the one for my C5-6 fusion was about 2 inches.
Now, i was in at 10:30 am, surgery was at about 1:00, up and walking, albeit slowly, by 3:30 and on the way home by 4:00. Incision was about an inch long. All done minimally invasive and some via robotics. Same surgeon for all of them.
Recovery at home on the other hand is “seemingly” going much slower. Lingering pain, some gait issues and extreme fatigue. I need to convince myself it has only bee about 2-weeks, but the tough realization is that i have to admit i am getting older, and that is also a causative factor in recovery time I am sure. Better day by day though.
Thanks

Thank you. It certainly has. On all my previous excursions into spinal re-arrangment, it always was a multli-hour surgery followed by days in the hospital and then home time followed by PT and a slow return back to normalcy. Not to mention the 6 to 8 inch scars. Even the one for my C5-6 fusion was about 2 inches.
Now, i was in at 10:30 am, surgery was at about 1:00, up and walking, albeit slowly, by 3:30 and on the way home by 4:00. Incision was about an inch long. All done minimally invasive and some via robotics. Same surgeon for all of them.
Recovery at home on the other hand is “seemingly” going much slower. Lingering pain, some gait issues and extreme fatigue. I need to convince myself it has only bee about 2-weeks, but the tough realization is that i have to admit i am getting older, and that is also a causative factor in recovery time I am sure. Better day by day though.
Thanks
Two weeks is nothing, basically you're just starting the healing process with a big head start compared to before, but it still takes time. You'll be feeling way better in a few more weeks! Glad it went well.

Hey, how did you know my full legal name is At Nurse Dave????

Back