The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaves & Such

I'll have to pull out my Vegan Pens and see if I can lather it as well as Dave.

Witchcraft I tells ya! lathering vegan Pen's!

I prefer Voodoo Thank you!, LOL

I'll have to pull out my Vegan Pens and see if I can lather it as well as Dave.

What? is the ink Carrot juice on those pens?............. ba dump bump
1f60b.png
1f601.png

You want the Vegan Puck? Or are you referring to my other Pen's (Happy Xeno?) puck........ the Vintage Tallow puck.
I would be referring to anything with the words "English Fern" on it.

Just kidding, great video Dave! Glad to know I’m doing some things right, lol!

Edit - Nice French point by the way, I love the look of that style. Is there such thing as a French point with barber notch? I think that would just be...mmm mmmmmmm!

Just kidding, great video Dave! Glad to know I’m doing some things right, lol!

Edit - Nice French point by the way, I love the look of that style. Is there such thing as a French point with barber notch? I think that would just be...mmm mmmmmmm!

LOL, thanks Chris, and indeed there is, if you can imagine it you can have it......... for a cost, LOL>

Thank you for the video Barber Dave. Some things I'll try to think about on my next straight shave. Some I need to think about. I know you're religious with your prep, and I've changed some things along the way thinking about having the hairs prepped. But I also don't see myself doing the towel thing, at least during the week. I'll keep the angle shallow. Increasing it did seem to increase the chatter even though it did remove more hair. And using the soap that gets me the best slickness makes sense while I'm having issues. I do think the next time I'll use the Weck to again remove the blade from the equation.

Probably most important is the warning to not push through it when it happens!

Dave I was waiting till I had time to watch and focus on this one since it was a tutorial. Wow, well done and covered a lot. Thanks, thoroughly enjoyed and benefited from it.

Thank you for the video Barber Dave. Some things I'll try to think about on my next straight shave. Some I need to think about. I know you're religious with your prep, and I've changed some things along the way thinking about having the hairs prepped. But I also don't see myself doing the towel thing, at least during the week. I'll keep the angle shallow. Increasing it did seem to increase the chatter even though it did remove more hair. And using the soap that gets me the best slickness makes sense while I'm having issues. I do think the next time I'll use the Weck to again remove the blade from the equation.

Probably most important is the warning to not push through it when it happens!

Thanks Dave, Take from that video what you need or want to try, I did it for you in hopes that it would help, at lease a little bit, you are progressing wonderfully on the Str8 front.

Dave I was waiting till I had time to watch and focus on this one since it was a tutorial. Wow, well done and covered a lot. Thanks, thoroughly enjoyed and benefited from it.

Thanks Dave
Great videos Dave, great to see you back doing video's! Like the new intro!

Dude’s so full of himself, he needs 2 intros!

That will be just about enough out of you Zombie Spider Dude, LOL, Actually the Youtube police and FOX films wrote me a nice memo regarding the opening sequence of my videos, LOL Said I could use them, but very carefully hence the new opener

Worried about competition ??
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

LOL
Great videos Dave, great to see you back doing video's! Like the new intro!

Thanks Josh

Back