The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaves & Such

I’ve always been an acqua di Parma fan, but the sillage isn’t very good. I like citrus fragrances, and I really like anything with pine in it. ( Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet). I can’t decide between the 70th anniversary or the Cubebe as my next SV scent. Would you say the Cubebe has better sillage ? I placed an order for the desert vetiver , and came with a free bar of the 70 th anniversary bath soap,And it seems like a very light fragrance. The notes of lemon and fir in the Cubebe sound like something I’d really like.. I’m really enjoying the SV shaving soap, and I like using the matching aftershave and edt as well. Hope all is well in Arizona, it’s dark and cold here in Michigan. I really enjoy your YouTube videos, I’m learning quite a bit

Is Cubebe a citrus ? It sounds like it is from the sent description
Citrusy, balsamic and aromatic top note of bergamot, lemon, white fir. A slightly floral body note with spicy hints of pepper and nutmeg. Woody, musky and slightly amber background note of patchouly, vetiver, labdanum and benzoin.

What’s your favorite? As much as I like the the 70 thanniversary, It seems like a very light fragrance. Since it’s EDP concentration, I think it should stick around for a while
The three sets I bought after trying them all are:
Desert Vetiver
Mirto de Sardegna
Tundra Artica

All different and interesting in their own ways.

(Sorry for temporarily taking over your thread @BarberDave )

A Quest to the Labyrinth and The Bog of Eternal Stench
"Ride with the Knights of the Veg Table" HUZZAH!

Back