The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaves & Such

Did I detect the use of a spray bottle??!!

1673393737300.gif

And for that - I recommend A&E Cuban Highball for a Cuba Libre ish soap and AS just because I can……

I’m highly gratified it gave a passable shave. When I use a Kami, I just use it ”upside down” on the off-grind side. It feels a little sketchy, but I’ve gotten good clean shaves. I did use a touch of restraint on the finishing of that blade for safety’s sake, but I was still a little leery of pulling that handle off. I’ve grown attached to my fingers. I’m super glad you like it!

I’m highly gratified it gave a passable shave. When I use a Kami, I just use it ”upside down” on the off-grind side. It feels a little sketchy, but I’ve gotten good clean shaves. I did use a touch of restraint on the finishing of that blade for safety’s sake, but I was still a little leery of pulling that handle off. I’ve grown attached to my fingers. I’m super glad you like it!
It is nice, I am going to re-wrap inTsukimaki style. Went to a craft store today and found Sinew and some bamboo cord so we will see how that comes out, LOL As I am about as artistic as a Brick, as can be seen in my latte art LOL

BTW @barbers what is the bottle you use for the witch hazel ? They look nice and I would really love to get one to try and see how I would like them..I think I would like them too.. Are they electric or just manual push ?

BTW @barbers what is the bottle you use for the witch hazel ? They look nice and I would really love to get one to try and see how I would like them..I think I would like them too.. Are they electric or just manual push ?
They are push and avail via Amazon. I get mine through a pro-shop. They are nice

You call it "interesting" I call it scary! but not as sketchy as using the back side I do on the left side of my face with a Right handed Kami.

Like some others I have had all my videos all over the place so over time I will condense them here. I like the Vlog Idea and will post my 1st one here soon

John Paul

Jr. Shave Member​

I’ve had the brush for about a week now and I love it ..it’s the most expensive brush ive bought since I started wet shavingabout 20 years ago..Got the desert vetiver in the mail today, will be trying it out tomorrow morning

Attachments

• 6FBCEB61-6077-4993-80D9-EFB145992ADA.jpeg
    6FBCEB61-6077-4993-80D9-EFB145992ADA.jpeg
    70.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 027CE92B-7CEE-4C7F-861E-E10F14F65BF6.jpeg
    027CE92B-7CEE-4C7F-861E-E10F14F65BF6.jpeg
    78.9 KB · Views: 3
Back