The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

Xenostr8shaver said:
Thanks Don.
How is the Kami working
It is working great. I used it twice. The size of the blade is easier, but it still requires a very light touch. I plan on starting back with it this weekend.

So nice seeing the Stark damascus blade get out and dance. The stubble buster soaps are intriguing...

Great couple of shaves and pictures Dave!

What's this 17% that Chad is talking about?

Sskim3 said:
I don't like seeing that damascus. The jealous is at a max right now. LOL
clyde72 said:
Great couple of shaves and pictures Dave!

What's this 17% that Chad is talking about?

I have no clue, you know how he rambles, LOL, and thanks Guys. Hope to be around more in the front of the house real soon

03.26.2018: SR Shave #881
Pre Shave Lather / Hot Towel & Rinse / 50 laps TM pre / 30 laps Trans Ark Post /
50 laps Westholme & Linen / Lucky Tiger Post Shave Salve / Cold Towel & Rinse

Klas Tornblom
Sorrentino Luca Brasi /Envy Silvertip
CFG SP Shave Soap
CFG SP Aftershave Splash
Tom Ford Mandarin De Almalfi EdP

Good to finally get back to some sort of regular posting and journal stuff. Hope to spend more time in front of the curtain now. Todays shave was wonderful in all aspects, the soap, AS, and EdP exuded such a wonderful Orange scent. All else was running on all cylinders and DSBBS was the order of the day

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the new forum

I love the scent of the Santa Paula. It reminds me of back home. The scent of the stems and leaves, glorious.

Great to see you posting Dave! Looks like you are really enjoying your retirement!

Cvargo said:
Good stuff Dave. Still waiting for my stuff

Thanks Brother, I will be posting the logistics of how you can get some hopefully tomorrow, since we are not online yet it will be a package deal and shipping will be a flat rate about $7.00. sorry for the delay, it has been nuts, they are tryiing to get me to be more involved in the Knights if you know what I mean,
Majorrich said:
Great to see you posting Dave! Looks like you are really enjoying your retirement!

thanks Rich, busier now than before, LOL

DocHoliday0831 said:
Good stuff Dave. Front of house? And the Sorrentino is beautiful

. Thanks TJ The open side of the the forum vs what we see and do behind the scenes

Xenostr8shaver said:
Thanks Brother, I will be posting the logistics of how you can get some hopefully tomorrow, since we are not online yet it will be a package deal and shipping will be a flat rate about $7.00. sorry for the delay, it has been nuts, they are tryiing to get me to be more involved in the Knights if you know what I mean,

Waiting to see your online presence myself. I've been hoping you can carry several of the top notch lines so I switch my purchases to you guys.

NurseDave said:
Waiting to see your online presence myself. I've been hoping you can carry several of the top notch lines so I switch my purchases to you guys.

Well, right now we carry our own line in 3 scents, soon to be 21 in creams only, RazoRock, of which I am becoming more and more impressed, Fine Products, Sorrentino and Parker Brushes, Some Taconic (Parker) and soon Saponificio Varesino, As well as Johnny B Hair Products and Paul Mitchell, Dovo, Koraat, TI, and possibly Stark. that is probably going to be it, based on sales so far. Thanks Dave

03.27.2018: SR Shave #882
Pre Shave Lather / Hot Towel & Rinse / 50 laps TM pre / 30 laps Trans Ark Post
50 laps Westholme & Linen / Lucky Tiger Post Shave Salve / Cold Towel & Rinse

Saponificio Varesino Leonardo da Vinci 6/8 by Koraat
Saponificio Varesino Artisan 2.0 in Faux Tortoise / HMMW
Saponificio Varesino Opuntia Shave Soap
Saponificio Varesino Opuntia Aftershave.
added Creed Aventus as EdP

OH MY!
That is about all that needs to be said regarding the new offering from SV. Maybe a WOW, OMG, HOMERUN, etc, etc. This stuff is off the charts. Take the love, for the pureness of the 70th, and add the performance of the Beta 4.3. Sorry Nuavia... Get in the back seat!.

One Look at the notes, says it all Bergamot, Pineapple, Black Current... and that is just he opening salvo. Then Rose, Birch, and Jasmine... Are you kidding me, then for the knockout...white moss, oak moss, patchouli and vetiver. Game, Set, Match, Mic drop!

That in concert with all the other SV stuff today will bring this one up to the Best Shave, numero uno, top dog and so forth

3-passes today and DSBBS (G) (10) The pinnacle! You know that feeling you get after a good sleep, a good meal, or so forth. This was it!

Supplemental: Added some Creed Aventus a bit later and it is a perfect layer on Top. EF would work as well so the shave when up another notch

Don't hesitate, just buy it.

Set-up:

Have a Great Day Everyone

Back