The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

April Shave Themes! (ABC shaves and/or Mystic Water)

"F" is for Foxville!

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Personna Super (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: Oz Shaving Company - Foxville
Brush: TSC 1st Anniversary Brush
The Ultimate Aftershave: Oz Shaving Company - Foxville

1586174942854.png

Another ABC shave and today is brought to you by the letter F! And F is for Foxville. Foxville is an autumn type scent that is made by Oz Shaving Company. Oz Shaving Co. is an artisan that I believe is a bit underrated. They have a nice line of soaps that are scented beautifully. They have a line of brushes that are out of this world. If you haven't guessed yet, the products from this soap maker are inspired by the Oz book series by L. Frank Baum. You know...the Wonderful Wizard of Oz? Dorothy? Toto? The Tin Man? Yeah...but the inspiration lends to the whole series, and if you didn't know...there are something like 14 books in the series. Okay...enough of that. Had a great shave today even if I didn't show it in the video.

"F" is for Fresh Vetiver
Monday April 6, 2020
2020 Shave # 102 ( 518 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: 1960 Gillette Fatboy
Blade: Wizamet (?)
Brush: Stuart w/Maggard Synthetic
Soap: CBL Soaps Fresh Vetiver
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Nivea 2 into 1
Fragrance: Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
View attachment 20356
That's a good one!

The Letter "G" is for "Glide"

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Personna Platinum (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: Cold River Soap Works - Glide - Colonia Mediterranea
Brush: TSC 1st Anniversary Brush
The Ultimate Aftershave: Barbasol Pacific Rush

1586263998138.png

The ABC Shaves continue, but I was hard pressed to figure out my "G" shave. I had ordered some blades for my GEM, but alas, Amazons Shipments are moving slower that usual. But I did fins my tub of Cold River Soap Works GLIDE rendition of the soap. This scent is a very aquatic smelling soap that just smells fresh! I did some mammoth painting ( @Blade-meister would be proud of me) as well, as I want to smell like the soap, but overpowering. More on that in a bit. Finished up my shaves with some healthy glugs of Barbasol Pacific Rush! So in other words...yeah...I feel great!

"G" Is for GHOST TOWN BARBER
Tuesday April 7, 2020
2020 Shave # 103 ( 519 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Rockwell 6s Plate 5
Blade: ASCO (1)
Brush: Sorrentino Orange Crush
Soap: CFG Ghost Town Barber
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: CFG Ghost Town Barber Splash
Fragrance: CFG Ghost Town Barber EdP
IMG_20200406_192045503.jpg

7 April, 2020

G is for....

IMG-3141.jpg

PAA "The Cube 2.0" w/ Menthol
PAA "Good Vibrations" Shave Soap
28mm Yaqi Tuxedo Synthetic
Stirling Soap Co. Silicone Bowl
1970 Gillette Super
Gillette 7 O'clock Black
Alum
PAA Unscented Star Jelly

PAA "Good Vibrations" AS/Cologne

Last edited:
Chad there is another soap by CFG called Ghost Town Barber. Smells incredible. I imagine it is what gentlemen like Walker Texas Ranger, Sam Elliott, The Duke, Tom Selleck and Burt Reynolds smell like. You should give it a try 😜

Oh I love me some GTB but alas I am out and have not bought more yet. Agreed though its a great scent! I have burned through two tubs.

Oh I love me some GTB but alas I am out and have not bought more yet. Agreed though its a great scent! I have burned through two tubs.

Ah I thought you were one of the few that didn't like it. If you get anymore are you going to get it in the new soap base?

Back