The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

April Shave Themes! (ABC shaves and/or Mystic Water)

"D" is for Dragonsbeard
Saturday April 4, 2020
2020 Shave # 100 ( 516 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Vector
Blade: Feather Super (3)
Brush: Techichi The Hive
Soap: Dragonsbeard
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Dragonsbeard Skin Food Splash
Fragrance: Ferrari Black
IMG_20200403_203956590.jpg

"D" is for Doughnut!

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Ladas (3rd Shave)
Soap/Cream: Big Easy Soap and Tinctures - Cafe Orleans
Brush: TSC Member Brush in Finest Badger
The Ultimate Aftershave: Big Easy Soap and Tinctures - Cafe Orleans

1586008612309.png

Continuing on with our Alphabet Shave Theme, today's shave is with the letter "D." I wanted to do something a little different and decided to settle on my Cafe Orleans set by Big Easy Soaps and Tinctures. Yeah I know...there is no "D" in that soap and aftershave. The Cafe Orleans soap and aftershaves has notes of coffee, hazelnut, and chocolate. This scent combination reminds me of sitting at my local coffee shop here in Southern Louisiana and drinking a cafe au lait and munching on some beignets. Oh, so delicious! Beignets are types of doughnuts. Therefore, D is for Doughnuts!

The shave itself was a little rushed as you can see from the video...yes...there is another video. But overall for a two passer...it was pretty good. This isn't the best soap in the world, but it is a solid Tier 2 soap with a very unique scent. Sadly, Big Easy Soap and Tinctures doesn't exist anymore. But I still have a good bit of this stuff left.

This thread needs more @Mystic Water !!
Yeah...I actually kind of blew it on the "C" shave. Could have used my Coconut Sandalwood. I'll find a way to work it back in again. I am actually limited in the Mystic Water category and I need to rectify that at some point. Personally...I love Mystic Water soaps in sticks. It just works well for me that way!

4 April, 2020

D is or The Dead Sea

IMG-3130.jpg

PAA "The Cube 2.0" w/ Menthol
RazoRock "The Dead Sea" shave soap
Stirling Soap Co. High Mountain White Badger Brush
1961 Gillette FatBoy
Gillette Nacet
Alum
PAA Unscented Star Jelly

RazoRock "The Dead Sea" splash

Back