The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

April Shave Themes! (ABC shaves and/or Mystic Water)

"B" Is for Bay Rum
Thursday April 2, 2020
2020 Shave # 98 ( 514 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Nacet Razor/Durham Duplex Handle
Blade: Wizamet (6)
Brush: Paladin 26mm Honey Noir Beehive LE
Soap: Mystic Waters Bay Rum
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Anthony's Authentic Bay Rum
Fragrance: Old Spice Cologne
IMG_20200402_055214722.jpg

B is for Barbershop!

I was going back and forth over today's shave, whether to go with Barbershop or Bay Rum..

Finally I just flipped a coin and Barbershop won.

A deep and rich scent
Quite the "Stirling" achievement
In more ways than one

IMG-3119.jpg

"B" is for Bay Rum and Big Fellow!

Razor: Gillette Big Fellow
Blade: Voskhod (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: Stirling Soap Company - Bay Rum
Brush: Synthetic Shave Brush by Eric Sorrentino (@Smattayu )
The Penultimate Aftershave: Danger Elixir
The Ultimate Aftershave: Grand Bay - Bay Rum

1585839273738.png

Today's shave is brought to you by the letter "B." And what better way to celebrate the Letter B than with Bay Rum! And Big Fellow! So I loaded up some Stirling Bay Rum Soap and did a nice two passer with my Big Fellow! This is such an awesome razor and it looks awesome too! Got this razor for a steal (and a little luck)...but she's all mine! I have seen few in similar or better condition and fewer still that have the box and blade bank. Yeah...this bad boy is all mine! I'll add a couple of pics of the whole ensemble! Finished off the shave with a nice splash, or two, or three of the Grand Bay Bay Rum. This scent doesn't stick around long, so it shouldn't interfere with the wife's super snooter.

By the way Don.... I love the Letter People! I remember having inflatable Letter People in my kindergarten classroom. My favorite was Mr. S - Super Socks!
Yup...I was a Letter People guy myself! No one here has any idea what they are...but I remember!

"C" is for California Sunrise

Friday April 3, 2020
2020 Shave # 99 ( 515 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: SS Lupo
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Black (2)
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Soap: CBL California Sunrise
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Nivea 2 into 1 Splash
Fragrance: Amouage Sunshine Man
IMG_20200402_221241485.jpg

C is for Clubman

Love it or hate it, you gotta give it respect for the fact that it's been going strong since 1810, Today I did the full monty; Clubman shampoo, deodorant, aftershave & talc. The PAA shave soap isn't a direct match for the splash. It's more along the lines of the shampoo and deodorant. Still, if you were to use it, you'd know what it was going for.

IMG-3125.jpg

PAA "The Cube 2.0" w/ Menthol
PAA "Clubguy" Shave Soap
Stirling Soap Co. High Mountain White Badger Brush
1961 Gillette FatBoy
Gillette Nacet Blade
Alum
PAA Unscented Star Jelly

Pinaud Clubman ASL

C is for Choco Cubano

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Ladas (2nd Shave)
Soap/Cream: Ariana & Evans - Choco Cubano
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
The Penultimate Aftershave: Danger Elixir
The Ultimate Aftershave: Ariana & Evans - Choco Cubano

1585920549723.png

It's a "C" Shave today! And Choco Cubano got the call! Double "C" in it's name...so I had to use it. I like the way this soap smells...green leaf tobacco and chocolate. From the soap make himself, the notes are: Bergamot, tangerine, vanilla, fig, chocolate truffle, incense, cedar, sandalwood and tobacco. But just a great scent! My wife likes the scent...but says it smells like Easter Candy! Anyway...a nice two pass shave and I smell and feel great!

Back