The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

April Shave Themes! (ABC shaves and/or Mystic Water)

21 April, 2020

U is for Under-

Whether you would say "undervalued" or "underrated", IMO RazoRock makes some of the best soaps available at a price-point that makes them one of the best values in wet shaving. The majority of their soaps clock in at under $10, and I've seen them as low as $3.99 / $4.99 each on occasion.

Proraso Pre / RazoRock "Acqua" Soap / Yaqi "Mysterious Space" Synth / Stirling Silicone Bowl / 1964 Gillette Slim
Gillette Silver Blue Blade / Alum / PAA Star Jelly / RazoRock "Acqua" Splash

IMG-3208.jpg

21 April, 2020

U is for Under-

Whether you would say "undervalued" or "underrated", IMO RazoRock makes some of the best soaps available at a price-point that makes them one of the best values in wet shaving. The majority of their soaps clock in at under $10, and I've seen them as low as $3.99 / $4.99 each on occasion.

Proraso Pre / RazoRock "Acqua" Soap / Yaqi "Mysterious Space" Synth / Stirling Silicone Bowl / 1964 Gillette Slim
Gillette Silver Blue Blade / Alum / PAA Star Jelly / RazoRock "Acqua" Splash

View attachment 21587
Under the Sea!

Under the Sea!
Sebastian approves. 😁

source.gif

West Cost Shaving - Campfire - Unobtainium
Shawshank Redemption brush - Unobtainium
Gillette Psycho - Unobtainium
E5DA1BE6-116C-435A-8A7B-79DF34491A00.jpeg

"V" is for Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Wednesday April 22, 2020
2020 Shave # 119 ( 534 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather SUPER Pro (2)
Brush: SV 2.0 Ziricote Wood
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Fragrance: ???
IMG_20200421_212413863.jpg

"V" is for Vide Poche!

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: Declaration Grooming in collaboration with Chatillon Lux - Vide Poche
Brush: TSC Member Brush in Finest Badger
The Ultimate Aftershave: Chatillon Lux - Vide Poche

1587560886568.png

Well, I haven't been shaving as often as I probably should, but I will try to make up for it the rest of the week...maybe... ;) . Anyway...the Letter "V" came up today and why not pull out my favorite "V" soap and aftershave set. Actually...it's probably my absolute favorite soap and aftershave set. Vide Poche got the call. Absolutely love this scent. I have gushed before so I won't do it again. But man...the way the honeysuckle, freesia, lavender, orange, bergamot and amber all work together...it is a bouquet of spring to my nose! The soap is one of the best performers I have also. Just really good stuff!

Three passes with the old Progress and I went for a sharper blade this time with the Feather. caught my neck a little and didn't even realize it. But no biggie. By the time I finished the shave and drenched myself in the aftershave...all was well. Damn Fine Shave Plus! Though I will say it is hard to tell when I touch my face...my hands feel a lot like sand paper right now.

22 April, 2020

V is for Vetiver

Proraso Pre / CBL "V For Vetiver" Soap / WCS 26mm Synth / 1964 Gillette Slim
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Fine "Green Vetiver" Splash / Guerlain Vetiver EdT

IMG-3212.jpg

Huh....has this threat been here the entire time? I really need to venture out from the journals more often.

V is for Vetiver

First Canadian Grand Valley Vetiver
Paladin balm
Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
Feather SS
Black Walnut tuxedo

P1qzgK7l.jpg

Back