The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

April Shave Themes! (ABC shaves and/or Mystic Water)

"W" is for Windjammer and Mystic Water

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (2nd Shave)
Soap/Cream: Mystic Water - Windjammer
Brush: TSC 1st Anniversary Brush in Timber Wolf Synthetic
The Ultimate Aftershave: Vintage Old Spice

1587642264574.png

Today's shave is brought to you by the letter "W." And what better "W" to use than Windjammer by @Mystic Water ! This is Michelle's take on Old Spice and I think it is spot on. This soap is in a stick and personally, I think that that Mystic Water works really well in stick form!

This morning I really took my time and built a nice lather...slowly adding water like you are supposed to. To often I just throw a bunch of water on my face...dunk the brush in a mug of water and whip up a lather. But this morning I really took my time. I was rewarded with a supper slick lather. If you add just the right amount of water with Mystic Water...you will be rewarded with one of the slickest soaps in your den.

Just a two pass shave and a healthy dousing of Vintage Old Spice and man...I feel like I am ready for work. Well, ready to sit at the table and look at my computer all day while I work. 🤪

"W" is for Winter Refraction
Thursday April 23, 2020
2020 Shave # 120 ( 535 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Weck Sextoblade
Blade: Personna (?)
Brush: Wolf Whisker Black Wolf
Soap: Talbot Winter Refraction
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Talbot Winter Refraction
Fragrance: Nuit D'Issey Noir Argent
IMG_20200422_195304153.jpg

23 April, 2020

W is for Wood

Specifically sandalwood and cedar.

PAA The Cube 2.0 / Stirling "Ramblin' Man Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket" Synth / Stirling Silicone Bowl
1964 Gillette Slim / Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Stirling "Ramblin' Man Splash / Creed "Himalaya"

IMG-3217.jpg

"W" is ALSO for Wholly Kaw King of Bourbon
Shave 2 for Tu......................THURSDAY
Thursday April 23, 2020
2020 Shave # 121 ( 535 Consecutive Shave Days )
Razor: Wizamet
Blade: Wizamet (3)
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
Soap: Wholly Kaw King of Bourbon
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Winter Reserve Small Batch Shave Tonic
Fragrance: Nuit D'Issey Noir Argent
IMG_20200423_172244507_HDR.jpg

Back