The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

April Shave Themes! (ABC shaves and/or Mystic Water)

"S" is for The Shaving Cadre!

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Personna Platinum (3rd Shave)
Soap/Cream: CBL Premium Shave Soap - The Shaving Cadre
Brush: The Shaving Cadre 2nd Anniversary Brush
The Ultimate Aftershave: Aqua Velva - Ice Sport

1587302236807.png

Yeah, I know...the picture has my Gillette Big Fellow in it. I decided to make the call and go with my old trusty in the Merkur Progress. Just an easy razor to use! Today is "S" day for the shaving theme and what better day to use my The Shaving Cadre Soap and my The Shaving Cadre Second Anniversary Shave Brush! There isn't much more that I can say about @CBLSoap.com that hasn't already been said...one of my favorite formulations of any soap out there.

Checked out the new Anniversary Shaving Brush...and it's better than I expected really. It did lose a few fibers, but all in all a very solid brush that I will be using frequently.

And...every-time I use Aqua Velva...I am amazed at how good of an aftershave this stuff is. Though I did apply it this morning and the wife commented on how strong it was. I had to stop and laugh about that one. But good stuff! Ended up with a really solid shave this morning!

Though I did apply it this morning and the wife commented on how strong it was. I had to stop and laugh about that one.
Why is that? Do you not find it strong? I do.

I recall my ex used to complain when I used it. She said she could still smell it in the air in the bathroom an hour after I left for work!

Why is that? Do you not find it strong? I do.

I recall my ex used to complain when I used it. She said she could still smell it in the air in the bathroom an hour after I left for work!
I don't find it particularly strong. You can definitely smell it upon first application...but I wouldn't say that it was strong. Just me I guess. It has decent longevity for drug store aftershave, but I also wouldn't say that it lasts all day.

Double post since I missed yesterday.

18 April, 2020

R is for RazoRock

Proraso Pre / RR Essential Oi of Lime Soap / TSC 2nd Ann. Brush / Stirling Silicone Bowl / 1968 Gillette Slim
Gillette 7 O'clock Black / Alum / PAA Star Jelly / Ogallala Bay Rum, Limes & Peppercorn Splash

IMG-3179.jpg

19 April, 2020

S is for Sundown

Proraso Pre / PAA "Sundown" Soap / PAA Peregrino Synth Brush / Stirling Silicone Bowl / 1968 Gillette Slim
Gillette 7 O'clock Black / Alum / PAA "Sundown" Splash

IMG-3185.jpg

Back