The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Any love for pomade....

I know my thread is much older but I am starting it back up again if you are still interested in pomades

I’ve been using Layrite Natural Matte Cream for the past 4 years. Holds my hair pretty well in a less rigid/softer more natural hold for all of my workday and into the evening. Washes out really easily in the shower. Has a pleasant light vanilla scent. There may be better/other products out there, but I haven’t felt the need to go looking for them (yet!).

Yes! Reuzel is the ONLY brand of pomade I use for my pompadour!
I prefer the Gray Extreme Hold Matte, but it is ALL good stuff!
Also, if you have not tired the Reuzel Aftershave, I highly recommend you do so!
PEACE,
Bobby G.
Yup...have some aftershave as well!

Is the Reuzel water soluble?
There is the pink, blue , and white. Different holds but all of those are water based and soluble. The black is mineral oil based. Like most of those it requires a build up then removal with various products, being cooking oil and dawn dish washing liquid, believe or not the best, followed by shampoo and conditioning

It’s easy. 1st Olive oil. Then add dawn dishwashing liquid, rinse… all pomade will be gone then shampoo and condition. Easy peasy

Anyway you could just get it as a collector item like I did this

IMG_1100.jpeg

Don't you remember the ONE time I tried oil based pomade, and then ALMOST died in the shower trying to get it out of my hair.

I stick to water based
I have the Holy Black Grease gun pomade, it's not a lot of fun to use and you have to wash your hair a couple of times for it to come out!

It’s easy. 1st Olive oil. Then add dawn dishwashing liquid, rinse… all pomade will be gone then shampoo and condition. Easy peasy
Oh I know. You told me the same thing... so I got back into the shower with olive oil and dawn soap. And that's when I almost died in the shower. I think you were secretly trying to kill me.

Oh I know. You told me the same thing... so I got back into the shower with olive oil and dawn soap. And that's when I almost died in the shower. I think you were secretly trying to kill me.
Really they use this method on baby ducks!!!! You are too girly LOL

I imagine that you turned the tub into a slip-n-slide and had to wash your hair sitting on your hams.

Back