The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Any love for pomade....

So I have a few pomades I use, but then there is the story with the one I used that I literally could not wash out so I ended up with dawn dish soap and olive oil in the shower trying to get it out of my hair and kept slipping! IT was a mess.

I want an easy to wash out pomade with decent shine.

Lately my go to has been Groom and Clean

So I have a few pomades I use, but then there is the story with the one I used that I literally could not wash out so I ended up with dawn dish soap and olive oil in the shower trying to get it out of my hair and kept slipping! IT was a mess.

Probably oil based. There are a few oil based that are a lot easier to wash out, but water based is so much easier to apply and wash out.

With my pompadour, I am a daily pomade user!!! I do like the Schmiere products, but have personally become an exclusive Reuzel pomade user for the past few years. I have a complement of both grease based and water based Reuzel pomades that I mix up for desired levels of hold, shine, humidity resistance, etc. My barber stocks the entire Reuzel line (including my Reuzel aftershave!) so it's an easy choice for me.

They carry water based grease as well, this might work for you🤪Screenshot_20200728-143745.png

I'm a wax kinda guy, but have been branching out to hard drying glazes. I wore my hair short for far too long! I'm amazed at how silver my hair is!

Who is that old man looking at me in the mirror?!?

I'm a wax kinda guy, but have been branching out to hard drying glazes. I wore my hair short for far too long! I'm amazed at how silver my hair is!

....chrome it just sounds cooler. I keep mine short not buzz short.For me definitely use more grease when its shorter. Use it sparingly I've noticed with longer hair...

what are these drying glazes you speak of....

I will check them out thanks
I have a sensitive scalp. (It cries easily during Chick Flicks!) It is particularly bad in the winter. The Tea tree special WAX is absolutely wonderful.

On a side note: PM special tea tree shampoo is pretty great stuff. I started using it in my salon, then I started at home. I had something weird going on with the skin around my eyes/eyelids. I started washing my face in the shower, really scrubbing around my eyes. Leaving the shampoo on my scalp awhile. Cleared up my issues COMPLETELY that had been dogging me FOR YEARS. So yeah, I'm a convert, lol. My clients loved the stuff as well. I'm sure you can buy the shampoo at chain grocery stores, not sure about the styling wax. I NEVER used a Paul Mitchell product that disappointed me.

Color me a FanBoy!

Back