The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Any love for pomade....

I used to use pomade everyday as I have a colic to end all colics at the front of my forehead hairline. I've been letting it go recently, since I've been in lock up with this pandemic going on.

I've tried a few from the big box stores. The best, that actually holds all day and dosen't cost a fortune, is Murray's Pomade. It's a very thick waxy substance, smells like talc powder, and works great.
c53ce2d59ade1cd5e583c6dd4bbba13a.jpg

I used to use pomade everyday as I have a colic to end all colics at the front of my forehead hairline. I've been letting it go recently, since I've been in lock up with this pandemic going on.

I've tried a few from the big box stores. The best, that actually holds all day and dosen't cost a fortune, is Murray's Pomade. It's a very thick waxy substance, smells like talc powder, and works great.
I used some of that years ago for a greaser halloween costume. I swear it took a WEEK to get it washed out of my hair!

Seems a strange use. :unsure: Colic is frequent, prolonged and intense crying or fussiness in a healthy infant. Colic can be particularly frustrating for parents because the baby's distress occurs for no apparent reason and no amount of consoling seems to bring any relief.

Maybe you meant cowlick :unsure:
Yeah, that too.

Hey Cadre, I was curious if y’all had a pomade recommendation for a strong to medium hold, but with a natural look/shine. I don’t want anything with a high shine. Thanks guys.

I used crew pomade for a while before switching to crew forming cream, the forming cream was a gentler hold and easier to wash out, I've also used great clips brand and it wasn't bad for the price. Crew can be very pricey, I've seen it for $20 but it does last forever.

Now I keep my hair so short and have been buzzing it myself when the covid started but soon I will start going back to sports clips soon. A girl I went to high school with works there so she gives me a discount and she knows how to deal with the 3 cow licks that I have and make my hair look better than anyone at great clips

Thanks
mreeveshp

I have used some the Old Spice pomade products before, and still do on occasion. They tend to get usage for me when I've let myself go a bit to far in between haircuts.

I'm trying to grow my hair again, but wifey wants me to buzz it. I guess the balding spots aren't showing enough of my sexy scalp to her liking. :sneaky: 🕺

Darn you all and your pomades....

1605199630717.gif

Just kidding 😛enjoy your pomades. The wife has been buzzing what’s left since 2015 and I’m saving a TON on haircuts and products....only to spend it on shaving and frags 🤦🏼‍♂️

Harlem wax! Good stuff.

Back