The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

Nice Bruce! Hows the level of soap? It’s always interesting to see how people burn though soaps at a different rate.

• Stirling Hipster soap (24)
  • TSC 2nd Anniversary synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (4)
  • Stirling Hipster splash
Darned fine shave with a little irritation, but no whiskers left untouched. Here is what is left of the soap and splash:
6D51347A-722B-40B1-B8E3-CEA5919F8435_1_201_a.jpeg
A bit more than halfway through the soap; a little less than halfway through the splash. It will be close, but the splash will probably outlast the soap.

• Stirling Hipster soap (25)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (5)
I'm enjoying this setup, though my mind is starting to wander to which soap to use next. Got a couple of weeks to decide. Have a good day, Cadre. Please remember those lost 19 years ago today. 🇺🇸

I just did something I've wanted to do for three weeks: I moved a chipper/shredder from the top of my yard to the area level with the house. It took me that long to find the courage to try it. It's been nearly 2 years since I lost the use of my legs, so this is no small feat for me ( ;) ). My recovery from back surgery and a vertigo episode continues, and I would estimate my legs are at about 75% pre-disc herniation strength. Couple that with vertigo balance issues and my risk of losing control of the chipper and falling is compounded. It took me using extremely cautious baby steps to accomplish. This gives me a bit of confidence that I can do some yard work that needs to be done. (y)🇺🇸

• Stirling Hipster soap (27)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (7)
Were it not for a couple of nicks, this would have been a great shave. Coffee roasting on the agenda today. :)

Back