The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• Mike's Natural Soaps Bergamot, Orange, & Ylang-ylang (11)
  • TSC 2nd Anniversary synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (4)
  • Stirling Dunshire splash
D29E4FB0-6F3A-4EE6-9BD4-2785C2551491_1_201_a.jpeg
Great shave this morning. I'm very happy with my AS choice - it smells fantastic, and so do I. Haven't used a Stirling splash since the company's early days. I found it to be sticky, and blamed the ingredient Hydrovance. This splash is not at all sticky, though it indeed has the same ingredients as before. Perhaps less Hydrovance? I don't know, but it's an excellent splash that seems to have staying power. Looks like I'll be sampling some more Stirling splashes over time.

• Mike's Natural Soaps Bergamot, Orange, & Ylang-ylang (12)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (5)
I am really digging this splash. I almost never wear frags due to my wife's asthma, otherwise I'd spring for Acqua di Gio. It is a scent that really agrees with me. Nice finish to a nice shave.

ADG is good stuff! At least you’re getting a taste of it!
Yeah, I really like it a lot. I don't know how much it projects after a couple of hours, but I've enjoyed occasional whiffs of it all day.

Warm evening on the patio with hot home roast and a cool little cigar. (y)

• Mike's Natural Soaps Bergamot, Orange, & Ylang-ylang (13)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (6)
This setup is working very well for me. Hard to imagine a more consistent, better shave. And I smell so darned good. :)

Back