The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

I forgot that I wanted to watch some football this season to see how the new kick-off rules affect the game. Maybe I'll remember next Sunday.

I forgot that I wanted to watch some football this season to see how the new kick-off rules affect the game. Maybe I'll remember next Sunday.
It took a little time for me to get used to it, but I think it’ll be fine. Hopefully, there will be fewer injuries because of it.

The Sudsy Soapery Unscented Tallow
RazoRock Bruce synthetic
Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (2)
Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash

Late lunchtime shave today. On Monday’s new blade I had a small scrape that became a scab, so I gave it a couple days to heal some. Shaved around it and no damage done today, thankfully. Have a terrific Thursday, Cadre!

RazoRock Bruce synthetic
Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (3)
Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash

Happy Saturday, Cadre. Beautiful autumn weather with clear skies, 83F/28C. Getting together with friends for dinner and fun tonight. Looking forward to being with people that I haven’t seen in a couple of years.

Sunday’s Zoom call will be fun. Hope to see you there!
TSC Sunday Zoomers 9.15.2024

RazoRock Bruce synthetic
Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (4)
Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash

Hope everyone is having a good Monday. Perfect weather today, much like Saturday’s. Beginning to think that we should get some rain. None forecast for a bit.
Excited to have a friend from high school and afterwards coming to town this weekend. She and her husband are retired, own a crazy big RV, and go wherever they desire. They park at RV parks that can handle their vehicles, then scoot around in their car. I’ve made plans to show them around the city, touching on some favorite places. Should be fun.
Be well, Cadre. 😊

RazoRock Bruce synthetic
Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (5)
Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash

Happy Wednesday, Cadre. Posting an earlier shave. Quiet day for doing various tasks and sipping half-caff coffee. Life is good. 😎

RazoRock Bruce synthetic
Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (6)
Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash

Happy Monday, Cadre. An early afternoon shave today. Hope you all enjoyed the weekend.

My high school friend and her husband were in town, so we got together Friday for some sightseeing and lunch. Saturday we were joined by my wife for an interesting tour of a preserved steel mill that is now a national monument. A former steelworker was the guide. Very informative. After dinner, we parted ways, and they returned to their 45’ RV, and headed back home to Florida Sunday. Indescribably satisfying to get together with them - great company. 😃

Be well, my friends.

RazoRock Bruce synthetic
Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (7)
Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash

Post lunchtime shave today. Had a brief burst of rain this morning, but not enough to make a difference. Hopefully, we’ll get more soon. Enjoy the day, Cadre!

Back