The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

2/2/22
  • CBL Premium Hemp base unscented (16)
  • Maggard tuxedo synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Schick injector type G/Schick blade (1)
  • Dollar Shave Club Post Shave Cream/Harry's Post-Shave Balm
2/3/22
  • CBL Premium Hemp base unscented (17)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Schick injector type G/Schick blade (2)
  • Dollar Shave Club Post Shave Cream/Harry's Post-Shave Balm
Since I was down to just one bottle of LNHC Elixir and one of CBL Tonic, I hastily went to the Walgreen's. To my surprise, the traditional splashes were all gone: no OS, AV, or SB to be found anywhere. They have been overtaken by DSC and Harry's products, plus another brand I've forgotten. I wanted to sample the Nivea 2:1 splash to see if I could use it, but that's gone as well. So I got one of each of DSC and Harry's.

Last night, in a Rigorously Controlled Scientific Study, I applied DSC to the left face & neck, and Harry's to the right. This Study was intended to compare the skin care qualities simultaneously, giving me instant feedback for both products. Sometimes in Science there are serendipitous discoveries: penicillin from mold for instance. Such was the case last night when my wife and I shared the room moments after applying said cream & balm. She did not react at all, meaning they are both tested and approved. I hadn't intended to do the wife test right away, but she surprised me.

BTW, both products are so very lightly scented that they give off a negligible aroma. Skin care is decent for both, but neither is as good as LNHC or CBL.

Since I was down to just one bottle of LNHC Elixir and one of CBL Tonic, I hastily went to the Walgreen's. To my surprise, the traditional splashes were all gone: no OS, AV, or SB to be found anywhere. They have been overtaken by DSC and Harry's products, plus another brand I've forgotten. I wanted to sample the Nivea 2:1 splash to see if I could use it, but that's gone as well. So I got one of each of DSC and Harry's.
I noticed this the last time I was in Walgreens too. It's sad. Luckily all of the stuff you mentioned still lives on the shelf at my local Walmart, but wild that Walgreens doesn't appear to readily stock it anymore.

• CBL Premium Hemp base unscented (17)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Schick injector type G/Schick blade (2)
  • LNHC Post Shave Elixir/CBL Aftershave Tonic
First shave in four days. I was feeling cruddy for a couple of days, but all better now. Plus now I'm clean shaven. :)

• CBL Premium Hemp base unscented (18)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Schick injector type G/Schick blade (3)
  • Harry's Post-Shave Balm
Used the Harry's ASB this morning. By itself, it has a pleasant light musk aroma, hopefully it's faint enough to not cause my wife problems. Have a great day, Cadre!

• CBL Premium Hemp base unscented (19)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Schick injector type G/Schick blade (4)
  • Dollar Shave Club Post Shave Cream
Used the DSC Post Shave Cream this morning. It has a light, lemony scent that dissipated in minutes. Wife experienced no issues with it. My double blind study is complete and the findings are clear: both DSC and Harry's products, while lightly scented, do not cause my wife to wheeze. Trust the science, Cadre. :)

Saturday 2/12/21
  • CBL Premium Hemp base unscented (21)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Schick injector type G/Schick blade (6)
Monday 2/14/21
  • CBL Premium Hemp base unscented (22)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Schick injector type G/Schick blade (7)
Was planning on shaving during halftime yesterday, but circumstances prevented that. Since working in the office, I've taken to evening shaves, as I don't like to rush in the morning. Any whiskers that spring up are under a facemask, so I don't worry about looking perfect at work. As long as I'm clean and well-groomed, I'm satisfied.

Back