The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• My Special Blend 5 (27)
  • Maggard tuxedo synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette '46/7 Aristocrat/SuperMax Platinum Plus (5)
  • CBL Aftershave Tonic - unscented
My skin felt a bit dry so I went for the CBL miracle Tonic.

The Red Sox continue to perform well, much to my pleasure. They've got some plucky young players to complement the vets. And everyone knows your best chance of winning a championship is to have a bevy of plucky young players that are fun to watch and easy to root for. 😁
they went through Tampa Bay like a hot knife through butter

"a lazy Saturday"
9f1f8189-2f3e-42c5-8bf1-de438a38a19b_text.gif

• My Special Blend 5 (30)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette '46/7 Aristocrat/SuperMax Platinum Plus (3)
  • Mennen Skin Bracer
Off and on rain today, gray throughout. Making for a lazy Saturday so far. :giggle:
Hi Bruce. Very nice shave and what an awesome journal you have. Today is a no shave day for me, but I'll be back in the game tomorrow morning.

The weather here in Kentucky is sunny and in the 60s. It is perfect for being outside and for the big pot on pinto bean soup my Bride cooked up for lunch.

Where are you located?

Skin Bracer going strong! I’m guessing that by now the missus is showing no signs of adverse reaction to the scent?

• My Special Blend 5 (31)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette '46/7 Aristocrat/SuperMax Platinum Plus (4)
  • Mennen Skin Bracer
Chiily 40ishF day here. Good weekend of baseball and football. Red Sox took home a split, and the Steelers eeked out a win. 😁 Happy Monday, Cadre!

• My Special Blend 5 (31)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette '46/7 Aristocrat/SuperMax Platinum Plus (4)
  • Mennen Skin Bracer
Chiily 40ishF day here. Good weekend of baseball and football. Red Sox took home a split, and the Steelers eeked out a win. 😁 Happy Monday, Cadre!
I read back through your journal to find the origins of 'Special Blend 5', Bruce. Quite the mix! Might I ask why you don't just finish off each tub? Do you enjoy the originality of the mixtures? Would you do it with splashes as well?

I read back through your journal to find the origins of 'Special Blend 5', Bruce. Quite the mix! Might I ask why you don't just finish off each tub? Do you enjoy the originality of the mixtures? Would you do it with splashes as well?
When the soap is down to slivers, I get frustrated and annoyed chasing the slivers around the tub. Rather than do that for a few shaves, I save the pieces in a tub, using it when full.

Back